Custom K-2 Kanile'a Super Concert

lrcorry

Reaction score
While it is true I just joined UU I have been checking out the site for some time. I wish to sell my Kanile'a Super Concert, This item is brand new in the original packaging. Premium Select Koa, Tortoise binding on the front, Black-White-Black Rosette, Rosewood fingerboard w/Paua Abalone position dots on the front and side Nubone nut and saddle, gold open Grover tuners, Aquila Corde Strings, UV high gloss finish serial number 6909.

This ukulele has a concert size body with a tenor sized neck allowing for easier fingering. The flaming on the back and sides is beautiful, made from Premium Select Koa. It took nearly four months to build from the factory in Hawaii.

A fabulous Christmas present for someone. I want $1,450.00 the shipping would vary, depending on destination, but $50.00 would most likely cover it.

Attachments

• Kanilea_neck.jpg
    Kanilea_neck.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Kanilea_back.jpg
    Kanilea_back.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Kanilea_front.jpg
    Kanilea_front.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 119
Hello friend, please read the UU marketplace rules before posting. You are a new member (it's a problem in your first post), and you need to include some extra information and extra photos before posting.

Sorry to intrude, it's a beautiful uke, but it is too expensive for a used Kanilea! is almost the value of a Kamaka special (just my two cents...)

I know people dispute what their favorite uke brand might be but there is no denying Kanilea makes exceptionally beautiful ukuleles. Good luck with your sale!!

Going to add unless you can prove otherwise that is NOT a custom Kanile'a. That is a standard K2 SC.

Aside from the "premium" curly koa, wearymicrobe is correct in pointing out the specs are the same as a stock K2 SC. And the asking price is close to MSRP without the benefit of the factory warranty, which is non-transferrable from the original purchaser. The warranty alone for a high-end instrument like this is worth a few hundred.

My impression is that anyone looking in this price range will want a true custom experience; meaning they want to pick the wood sets, binding & rosette material and personalize it in some manner.

Top Bottom