Ukulele cake

uke4ia

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
cake pan.jpg

Yesterday evening, I came downstairs to make dinner and found that my wife had bought a Wilton guitar cake pan and was baking me a ukulele cake! Yay! I know what my favorite Hanukkah present is going to be. May all of your Holidays be as tasty!

I got one of those pans too. I read that parchment paper is helpful to get the cake out of the pan cleanly. I hope to try mine out soon. I would love to see photos of the final result.

–Lori

I don't think my wife is going to be piping different colors of frosting to make it look totally like a uke, like some of the pictures I've seen on-line. I'll happily eat the cake anyways.

I don't think my wife is going to be piping different colors of frosting to make it look totally like a uke, like some of the pictures I've seen on-line. I'll happily eat the cake anyways.

Hey, she bakes it, you decorate it.

Division of labor and all, you know.

Enjoy the dulces!

I will definitely be using this cake pan again in the future. I'm thinking red licorice whips for strings.

My wife baked this for my last birthday...I turned 62...!!!

Looks a bit out of tune, but wow, I'm getting hungry! My wife never makes me cake, she buys them.

View attachment 31263

Yesterday evening, I came downstairs to make dinner and found that my wife had bought a Wilton guitar cake pan and was baking me a ukulele cake! Yay! I know what my favorite Hanukkah present is going to be. May all of your Holidays be as tasty!

Now that's a uke you can really dig into, .........and by then it has REALLY opened up! :D

My wife wasn't happy with how the frosting turned out, so I won't post a picture. But I ate the headstock. My daughter had the fretboard. :Johnny Carson voice: Mmmm, that's good headstock!

I was thinking of making 2 cakes, one dark and one light. After they bake, I was thinking I could cut up the neck and headstock, and piece together a multicolor cake without the frosting. Not sure if it would hang together though. Just a thought. I would love to find something like dried uncooked spaghetti noodles for the strings and frets, except in sugar.

–Lori

You can use sugar to mold just about anything. Just mix the sugar with water to feel like sand for sand castles. You can add food coloring too. Once it's dry, it's like a rock. I'm thinking tuners. You can use a toothpick in each section of both the body and headstock to hold the pieces together. (Just let whoever eats it know it's there. Ask me how I know!)

Top Bottom