UNDER THE DOUBLE EAGLE - Bluegrass

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Here's a bluegrass favourite of mine, though I have never done a video of it.

I wanted to be sitting on the porch in a rocking chair to record it, but it was not to be.

You find this arrangement in my bluegrass ebook.

Great down east tune.Thanks Ken for all that you do for all the ukulele players want to be. HAPPY Holidays to you and your family.

Thanks for sharing this one Ken, what a great tune. It brings back fond memories of when my brother and I used to rip into it (guitar & banjo) at our local bluegrass society meetings. Sweet picking as usual too mate, loved it.

Last edited:
Thanks, Ken. Enjoyed your video a lot. It reminds me of my grandpa who was an old-time fiddler. He would also play this on his piano in a honky-tonk style.

Great down east tune.Thanks Ken for all that you do for all the ukulele players want to be. HAPPY Holidays to you and your family.

Thanks Bob. Same to you.

Thanks for sharing this one Ken, what a great tune. It brings back fond memories of when my brother and I used to rip into it (guitar & banjo) at our local bluegrass society meetings. Sweet picking as usual too mate, loved it.

Yes, I used to play this on guitar too. I love Norman Blake's cross-picked version.

Thanks, Ken. Enjoyed your video a lot. It reminds me of my grandpa who was an old-time fiddler. He would also play this on his piano in a honky-tonk style.

Thanks. It's a great tune. Written by Josef Wagner.

what can we say Ken that hasn't been said..you're just plain awesome and inspirational mate. Bravo! By the way...that wasn't an Ohana uke was it? What were you using for this song?

You are ten men Ken. In fact you are officially now known as "Ten-men Ken"

Beautiful playing Ken. The Kiwaya sounds amazing!

Top Bottom