Kamaka 6-string (Lili'u) with original case FS

Richard P

Reaction score
Here's a Kamaka Lili'u 6-string tenor. I'm the original owner; it was made and bought in 2004. This uke's well and truly broken in—it's been played a lot. I've used it both as a 6-string and as a 4-string in all the usual tunings…it's worked great for me in all of them. I haven't met a tenor I would trade for it. I'm selling it because my body's just better suited for the smaller uke sizes. I've already sold my Kamaka bari, and I'm going to stick with my Kamaka concert and pineapple. (I'm a Kamaka kind of guy.)

Anyhow, this instrument has fabulous tone, action and intonation. The finish isn't perfect, but close…there are a couple of minor chips on the headstock finish and a very minor ding in the back. The only modification on this instrument is that it's got strap buttons (it used to have an jack for a pickup, but now it's just got one of those Stewart MacDonald NoJak endpins, so a jack could be reinstalled very easily). It's currently strung with Kamaka strings, with a Fremont low G string used as the low A. I'll include 2 more of the Kamaka 6-string sets. The (original) case is in very good shape.

I think $825 PayPalled and shipped (in CONUS; I'm in Seattle) is about right. Let me know if you're interested, and thanks for looking!

Lili'u in case.jpgfront.jpgback.jpgheadstock.jpg

Very nice!! Too bad I already have a 6 string or this might have worked for me. Good luck...it should sell quickly!!

I recently bought a Kamaka 8-string, and there went my ukulele budget for this year. It's a beautiful instrument, though, and it should sell quickly. Would you mind posting the serial number and the date it was made? Thanks!

Thanks. It's #040377, made 2/20/04. My uke budget this year went into a new Kamaka pineapple soprano, which is also a thing of great beauty/cuteness…

Thanks. It's #040377, made 2/20/04. My uke budget this year went into a new Kamaka pineapple soprano, which is also a thing of great beauty/cuteness…

Thanks! I'm obsessed with Kamaka birthdays.

Oh I want this so bad. Somebody buy this so I can stop wanting it!

Staci, I feel your pain and I wish I could help. The only thing that keeps me from buying it is that I already spent all my ukulele money on a Kamaka 8-string. No regrets at all, as I love my 8-string, but I wish I could have them both. Sigh.

Last edited:
I am interested in your uke ,I also live near seattle ,
Just a couple questions first are there any cracks gaps or seperations?
Is this uke all solid koa? tops sides back?
would you be willing to meet at some public place to strum and possibly buy your uke ?
What part of seattle do you live in ? i am south of seattle sumner area.
thanks dave

Dave,

For the details of construction…

http://www.kamakahawaii.com/instruments.html

…and certainly this instrument doesn't have cracks, gaps, etc. It's in structurally/musically perfect condition.

I'm in Wallingford (north Seattle). If you'd like to meet, feel free to come to my house! If you have an alternative idea, let me know…

Richard

Hey Richard , i sent you a private message with my contact info
are you going to be available monday or tuesday to meet up?
thanks dave

I've got this uke up on eBay now…if you're interested, you can look for it there. The description is largely the same. Happy shopping! Sorry Dave, there's too much happening this week to try to meet up. But if you want it, you may get it cheaper on eBay…we'll see.

Top Bottom