PDA

View Full Version : Ukulele bait for the holidays

KamakOzzie
12-20-2011, 04:11 PM
I keep my crappy uke hanging up in the bathroom so I can play whenever the mood strikes me.
Since we will have family in and out during the holidays, I decided to put up a small chord chart on the wall with the invitation to "Play Me".

I got the "play me" idea from this thread.
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?56850-Uke-love-fells-soldier-at-USO-Center&highlight=soldier
The UU member put out a uke for soldiers to play at a USO location. They posted a picture of the "uke bait".
My grand daughter will be getting a uke for Christmas. Maybe I can win over some more converts. too.

Bill

vanflynn
12-20-2011, 05:42 PM
It's a hell of a lot better than Readers Digest!

I've been to Cobbs Creek but not Tidewater. That area is a bit of heaven.

Merry Christmas.

KamakOzzie
12-20-2011, 06:56 PM
It's a hell of a lot better than Readers Digest!

I've been to Cobbs Creek but not Tidewater. That area is a bit of heaven.

Merry Christmas.

You got that right !

You didn't miss me by much. I'm about 20 miles from there in Gloucester county.
Merry Christmas to you, too.

Bill

river_driver
12-21-2011, 06:14 AM
I keep my crappy uke hanging up in the bathroom...

I hope by "crappy" you just mean "of lesser quality". Otherwise, it raises a whole other set of questions about what's going on in your bathroom!

KamakOzzie
12-21-2011, 06:45 AM
I hope by "crappy" you just mean "of lesser quality". Otherwise, it raises a whole other set of questions about what's going on in your bathroom!

PUN intended! That's the $10 uke that I had to re-attach the neck & bridge.

Bill

Doc_J
12-21-2011, 06:54 AM
There was a thread a while back where folks posted pics of their toilet ukes.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?29534-Toilet-ukes-let-s-see-em

No toilet uke for me.

ksiegel
12-21-2011, 12:02 PM
There was a study not too long ago in the UK that showed that 5/6 of cell phones had trace amounts of e. coli on them....

E. coli being a bacterium that is found inside the body in the intestines, and outside of the body on excreta, the conclusion was that folks need to wash their hands better, and don't use the phone whist on the loo.

Might I suggest that the sign by the ukulele should say "Please Wash Your Hands, THEN Play Me"?"

(As opposed to "Please Remain Seated During The Entire Performance"...)

-Kurt

gokidd
12-21-2011, 12:29 PM
might i suggest that the sign by the ukulele should say "please wash your hands, then play me"?"
(as opposed to "please remain seated during the entire performance"...)

-kurt

excellent!

OldePhart
12-21-2011, 01:07 PM
(As opposed to "Please Remain Seated During The Entire Performance"...)

-Kurt

Excellent...just...excellent!

OldePhart
12-21-2011, 01:08 PM
There are six of us living in a house with two bathrooms - the last thing I want is an excuse for someone to spend more time in either of them... :)

John