PDA

View Full Version : NAMM Jam 2012

Ken Middleton
12-20-2011, 08:57 PM
I'll be at the Winter NAMM again this year. As always, I'm really looking forward to it.

Anyone else going to be there? I'll be at the Ohana booth in Hall E, so come and say hello.

For the last couple of years there has been a meet-up for a jam session on the Saturday evening after the show.

It would be great to do the same thing again.

Anyone interested, meet on the grassy knoll out side the front of the Anaheim Convention Centre on West Katella Avenue at 6.00pm on Saturday 21st January 2012. See you there.

Ken Middleton
12-21-2011, 04:19 AM
Here's Mim's video of last year's jam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpZvip5dqYg&feature=colike

hoosierhiver
12-21-2011, 04:26 AM
Sounds good!

Uke Republic
12-21-2011, 05:29 AM
Pretty sure I'll be there this time. I think I said that last year:)

Ken Middleton
12-21-2011, 05:54 AM
Pretty sure I'll be there this time. I think I said that last year:)

Looking forward to meeting you in person.

Ronnie Aloha
12-21-2011, 07:49 AM
Don't forget to order the "Bucket of Trash" this year Ken!

Ken Middleton
12-21-2011, 07:52 AM
Don't forget to order the "Bucket of Trash" this year Ken!

I have had that 2 years running, Ron. I may try something different this year.

For those that have never been to a NAMM Jam, we usually visit Bubba Gump's afterwards.

ukulelepuapua
12-21-2011, 07:56 AM
People from our team will be there!

jimdville
12-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Hi Ken, I'll be at the Kala booth all weekend. I look forward to seeing you.

Ken Middleton
12-21-2011, 08:20 AM
Hi Ken, I'll be at the Kala booth all weekend. I look forward to seeing you.

Yes, see you there, Jim.

CoLmes
12-21-2011, 08:55 AM
I'll be there! Can't wait to meet all of you

ukeeku
12-21-2011, 10:59 AM
I will be there with a whole gang of people. Hoping that there is not another Uke thing like last year that competed with the jam.

Mim
12-21-2011, 11:59 AM
I WILL BE THERE! I WILL BE THERE!

Super excited!!!

I look forward to chatting with you and seeing everyone else.

Ken Middleton
12-21-2011, 12:01 PM
I WILL BE THERE! I WILL BE THERE!

It wouldn't be the same without you, Mim.

Dougf
12-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Just a month away, can't wait! See you all there.

Doug

coolkayaker1
12-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Jeez, this is like all the famous ukesters in one venue.

For us worker bees who will be slaving at the grindstone for "da Man" just to get a measly paycheck, barely enough for a pizza pie and a set of Aquilas, please make a few videos and post them on the youtube.

It'd be encouraging to see how the glitterati of the four string world let it all hang. Cheers!

salukulady
12-28-2011, 05:26 PM
I will be there with a whole gang of people. Hoping that there is not another Uke thing like last year that competed with the jam.

There is a concert scheduled at Island Bazaar that night.

PedalFreak
12-29-2011, 11:54 AM
I'll be at NAMM, but it is for work, don't know if I'll be able to get away to come out and play. I work at a store, so I've got a lot of appointments, then the after parties :)

CoLmes
01-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that we are still having the jam. Same places at the grassy knoll. 6 pm. See you all there!!

OldePhart
01-20-2012, 02:18 PM
I gots but one thing to say - there had better be some video of this jam!

:green with envy:

John

Ken Middleton
01-20-2012, 09:17 PM
I gots but one thing to say - there had better be some video of this jam!

:green with envy:

John

Now that I'm stuck at home, I too would like to see videos. Lots of video, please.

Matimeo
01-21-2012, 01:48 AM
Oh no, Ken!

What happened? I hope everything is okay.

Ken Middleton
01-21-2012, 02:05 AM
Oh no, Ken!

What happened? I hope everything is okay.

I'm just not as well as I would like to be.

Thanks for asking.

manapualabs
01-21-2012, 05:02 AM
i'm just not as well as I would like to be.

Thanks for asking.

Ken, malama pono kou kino and we hope you get well soon!

Lori
01-21-2012, 05:26 AM
Is there a place to meet if it rains? It is looking pretty rainy right now, but it might clear later (30% chance of rain forecast for later).
–Lori

Dougf
01-21-2012, 05:34 AM
Is there a place to meet if it rains? It is looking pretty rainy right now, but it might clear later (30% chance of rain forecast for later).
–Lori

Perhaps there's an overhang on the convention center building. Maybe meet near the part of the building that is nearest the grassy knoll.

Ken Middleton
01-21-2012, 05:43 AM
Perhaps there's an overhang on the convention center building. Maybe meet near the part of the building that is nearest the grassy knoll.

There is a slight overhang, Doug.

Dougf
01-21-2012, 05:48 AM
There is a slight overhang, Doug.

Thanks, Ken. We're really going to miss you. Hope you're feeling better.

Ken Middleton
01-21-2012, 05:59 AM
Thanks, Ken. We're really going to miss you. Hope you're feeling better.

Thanks Doug. Say hi to everyone for me.

CoLmes
01-21-2012, 07:02 AM
–Lori

i'll check with guys today about the rain. Hopefully something can be figured out.

CoLmes
01-21-2012, 11:19 AM
Namm jam will be happening tonight. I think the uu guys will be working on NAMM things but we plan to go and hang there around 6-630. Going to be at the same spot as last year, if it rains I think we have a open room at a local hotel. Hoping to see everyone there tonight!! If you need anything feel free to pm me.

CoLmes
01-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Looks like weather is holding up so def. will see you guys at the Grassy Knoll. If it's too cold we have the public room in the hotel to go to.

Ken Middleton
01-22-2012, 08:14 AM
How did the jam go? Anyone there?

CoLmes
01-22-2012, 08:29 AM
How did the jam go? Anyone there?

It went good. We met at the Grassy Knoll with Aldrine, Aaron, Kahai, Doug and fam, Rob, Mim, Tim, Nick, Sally and fam, The Mainland's Lori and me and jammed a few songs. The UU guys went to work on video and we took the group back to our hotel and jammed for a couple of hours after that. Def. a lot of fun.

Ken Middleton
01-22-2012, 10:22 AM
Sounds good. You didn't hit Bubba Gump's then? Maybe next year.

CoLmes
01-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Sounds good. You didn't hit Bubba Gump's then? Maybe next year.

We actually did the night before

Dougf
01-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Yeah, it was great jamming with you guys, Colin, that was a nice venue at your hotel.

Ken, many people asked about you and wished you well. Take care, and hope to see you next time you're out this way.

Ken Middleton
01-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Thanks Doug. Thanks everyone. I'm getting there.

salukulady
01-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Your presence was missed, Mr. Middleton. Mim kept begging for the men to speak british to her.

Hope you are doing better.

kaizersoza
01-23-2012, 03:31 PM
hope you post some vids soon, really enjoyed last years vid, great to see everyone who is anyone playing together, hope you got a full length vid this year, 'i just can't get enuff uke'

Ronnie Aloha
01-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Ken,

I didn't make the jam session but I saw Matt and John on Sunday and they didn't go since Joe Sousa has said it was cancelled due to rain. I guess there was some miscommunication somewhere along the line.

I did stop by the Ohana booth and introduced myself and Daniel(?) and Stephanie will be sending you a photo of all us together in the booth. I had a a great time. Thank you to Ohana Ukulele.

Ken Middleton
01-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Your presence was missed, Mr. Middleton. Mim kept begging for the men to speak british to her.

Haha. Thanks S. I certainly would have loved to have been there. I'll speak British to her next year.

Mim
01-24-2012, 07:41 AM

I did not :P.... but I did make a couple guys take a "turn" with me!

And yes Ken, you were missed. Everytime I went by the Ohana booth I said, "It is just not the same without Ken here!!!" But Stephanie took good care of me (though I still need to write her to pester her about sending me a stock list... haha!)

Maybe I will see you earlier than next year. I maaaaay be going over to England sometime this year. I have enough rewards points. Just gotta figure out what festival I want to go to :)!

Ken Middleton
01-24-2012, 09:03 AM
I did not :P.... but I did make a couple guys take a "turn" with me!

And yes Ken, you were missed. Everytime I went by the Ohana booth I said, "It is just not the same without Ken here!!!" But Stephanie took good care of me (though I still need to write her to pester her about sending me a stock list... haha!)

Maybe I will see you earlier than next year. I maaaaay be going over to England sometime this year. I have enough rewards points. Just gotta figure out what festival I want to go to :)!

There really is only one big festival: The Ukulele festival Of Great Britain in Cheltenham. Come to that one. The Re-Entrants, Gerald Ross, Hal, Winin Boys, Ukulollo, etc. It will be great. Hopefully see you there. Here's a link:

http://www.ukulelefestival.co.uk/Home.aspx

Ken Middleton
01-24-2012, 09:04 AM
Ken,

I didn't make the jam session but I saw Matt and John on Sunday and they didn't go since Joe Sousa has said it was cancelled due to rain. I guess there was some miscommunication somewhere along the line.

I did stop by the Ohana booth and introduced myself and Daniel(?) and Stephanie will be sending you a photo of all us together in the booth. I had a a great time. Thank you to Ohana Ukulele.

Pity about the jam. Glad you had a good time, Ron. Hopefully see you later in the year maybe.

salukulady
01-24-2012, 09:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/Salukulady?feature=mhee

There's a few vids on my channel.

salukulady
01-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Ken,

I did stop by the Ohana booth and introduced myself and Daniel(?) and Stephanie will be sending you a photo of all us together in the booth. I had a a great time. Thank you to Ohana Ukulele.So sorry we missed you Ronnie.

Mim
01-24-2012, 12:18 PM
There really is only one big festival: The Ukulele festival Of Great Britain in Cheltenham. Come to that one. The Re-Entrants, Gerald Ross, Hal, Winin Boys, Ukulollo, etc. It will be great. Hopefully see you there. Here's a link:

http://www.ukulelefestival.co.uk/Home.aspx

Oh poo. It is during UWC. Dang it.

Dougf
01-24-2012, 05:58 PM
Here's a group shot of the jam get-together.

Ronnie Aloha
01-24-2012, 07:51 PM
So sorry we missed you Ronnie.

Same here!