Ohana's solid Zebrawood soprano change

Just my two cents, but geared on a soprano would actually put me off! Much prefer look of frictions on a small uke. Shame they don't offer both

I too prefer friction tuners on my sopranos (and concerts) as well. Had previously considered their zebrawood soprano since I don't have a uke of that wood. Will probably look elsewhere now.

i had one of those...nice looking uke. mine had a loud bass sound coming through.
it was nice and shiny though!
wouldnt have geared tuners on it, its a uke not a gheetar

I have an Ohana Zebrawood soprano, and I had the friction tuners switched out for geared ones. I never regretted it. I was tired of fussing with the friction tuners. I love geared tuners, although the look of friction tuners is nice. When I play the uke, tuning is very important to me, and the precision of geared tuners is a great benefit, especially on a small scale instrument where even the slightest bending of a string will shift the pitch.

–Lori

A shame then that they had to ruin it (IMO) with those horrid white pegheads - why can't they put gold ones on and slap another £10/20 on the price?

Funny, when I saw Mike's thread here the main reason I checked it out was to see what kind of tuners were on the uke. I'm another one who is dead set against the geared machine head tuners, especially on sopranos and concerts. Was hoping they might have been pegheds...oh well, still a lovely uke. I can understand why people do prefer them for sure, but I'm not one.

Add me to the list of people who don't like geared tuners on a soprano or concert. I think they just look goofy and I don't like how they affect the balance.

I only have one decent soprano (Kala) and it has geared tuners. Wish they were friction. My Mainland concert has friction tuners and I like it much better.

For Christmas I may get a Mainland soprano with friction tuners, if Mike ever gets any ukes in stock!

Can't please everyone I guess.

Jason

Top Bottom