most extreme use of your ukulele?

ukudaily.co.uk

Reaction score
aside from playing it, old or new ukes, what is the most extreme use you have found for one?

just seen someone has put this up on youtube, (although they have referred to it as a banjo!). I compete in the world crazy golf championships and always use something other than a normal putter, keeps it fun, this year was a white ukulele!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNzpFKJt6s0

I know a guy who used an electric guitar to subdue (and hospitalize) a home invader. One shot to the top of the mellon with an axe-type swing and the invader was out for a day or two days or so.

I use mine as a classroom management tool. May not seem extreme but remember we are dealing with 17 8 year old boys:)

I'd always suspected that a great use for an old, beat-up, or otherwise unplayable uke would be to convert it into a birdhouse. Just add a small perch right below the soundhole and you've got the most desirable property in town.

Well, the two that come to mind for me, is:

As entertainment for the night playing it in the hot tub. Needless to say, it wasn't much good after that performance..

One that was way beyond repair, I made it into a bird house and hung it in a tree.. The birds loved it..

Ops.. I just read above.. Well, they DO make good bird houses.. ;)

I've always told people the Makala dolphin is a great instrument, and being as solid as it is, could double as a hefty self defense weapon in a time of need. *shrug*

Sometimes I use a back side of a soprano as table tennis racket and I can make many points. I suspect this is the second main use of a soprano travel Kala (thinline).
Now I need to investigate if solid back produces more effect on a ball that a laminate back ukulele.:D

Last edited:
Top Bottom