Starting them out young:)

haolejohn

Reaction score
I have been down with a virus for a few days and finally had enough energy to play the uke and spend some time with my little one. she already has two ukes (dolphin and gecko) and she has become quite vocal in the last few weeks. Nothing like a little baby humor to pick you up. I'm playing a Mele redwood top/koa back and sides with worth brown low g. Hope you enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzJLFrRGxwY

Fantastic....that redwood top on that Mele is sure "bell like"....sweet

John, she's is adorable! The Mele sounds great too!

She is sweet. It seems like she wants you to play that muted funk strum when she puts her hand on the strings.

She really chased that Mele when you tried to move it away.

She really seems like a uke girl for sure.

You must be a happy man.

Aww, how cute. She is adorable.

Aloha John,
Noelani is soo cute...my she is growing up so fast...wow wee... yes she was rockin' out to your playing and I can see her intrest in your Mele... maybe her middle name should be Mele eh...
Melelani...how does that sound to you... thank you for sharing that wonderful Moment....ahh the joys of parenthood and childhood...May You and Your family have a Merry Christmas and a
Happy New Year...

I don't know what it is with kids and music. If I take out my uke or play piano, my nephews and nieces will insist to play with me. I wish people would retain their love for music the way kids do.

too cute, it's interesting, we have had some friends over twice and their three year old is fascinated by the uke. The first time I started playing he was 25 ft away and immediately turned and walked over. Some lucky folks have music in their soul apparently, and it's amazing to see in young kids. cheers, g2

Can't believe how much she's grown since I held her last! She is beautiful, John.

I agree with what you said about redwood. Just came back from Maui with a Mele six string with a redwood top and I love the sound. Beautiful baby girl you have there. Happy holidays.

Last edited:
SooOoOOoOooooooOoooOoOO Cute!
And I NEVER talk like that!
Thanks for sharing.

Rather than start a new thread. Here is another video of her. this time she is on a custom makala dolphin:

She's just precious, that's all there is to it!

Mahalo amigos!! she really does love all music but especially the uke. Of course she was introduced to the uke while wife was in labor...well actually before then.

Cool, I've never seen a three handed uke piece played before. She's very talented, and I love her expressions.

Top Bottom