Uke FamilyI

Caught2

Reaction score
I drove to Nashville, IN this past Monday morning. I spent a couple of hours trying every tenor Mike had in the store. I brought my Tenor Fluke for comparison as I wanted to make sure my new uke would sound different. I ended up with several ukes hanging on one wall. I would try one and then another. Mike and Tootka answered my questions as they went about their routine, stopping to give me attention when needed (thanks for your patience). I left the shop with a new slotted headstock, simply beautiful (no rope purfling), mahogany tenor. I also took home a couple of Geckos for my 3 year old and 5 year old daughters to unwrap on Christmas. The new tenor's sound is changing the more I play it. I don't know much about ukes "opening up". Maybe the strings are just getting past the stretching period; no matter, as I am enjoying the sound. I have a teenage daughter also, and she will be finding a Kala KA-TE tenor under the tree with her name on it. It should be a musical holiday season.

Thanks for sharing. How about a pic of the whole family once presents are opened?

Top Bottom