Ukulele Mike

bazmaz

Reaction score
Not sure if this is old news (it's new to me) but the chord pages that accompany Ukulele Mikes videos have been taken down for violation.

This stinks.

I'm not surprised I had rendition of what a wonderful world on classical guitar pulled from YouTube. And got a permanent strike against my account with no warning, and no chance to remove it on my own.... In the meantime there are thousands of other videos, of tis song still posted..l very weird how that was done.

I would have removed it had I been given a chance, and now with the one strike, I cant post private videos at all.

That sucks :(

I always wonder why I don't get pulled, the majority of my vids are covers!

I think it's luck of the draw sometimes.

But it's the same reason ukulele-tabs got blocked in the UK. You're not supposed to post the chords along with the lyrics - even though most of the lyrics on there were xxxxx's. So many guitar pages do it with full lyrics, apparently that is illegal though. A real shame... The youtube thing really annoys me though, it's not like it denies anyone any money!

If anything it is generating exposure to the original....

You really have to wonder what the rationale behind this behaviour is. Do the copyright holders genuinely think they are losing revenue somehow? It's quite bizarre really, they can only benefit from the extra exposure.
You are correct, but greed does not necessarily encourage rational behavior. All traditional content producers (music printed & performed, movies, books, magazines, etc.) are struggling with the transition to the digital era. All of them have been making incredibly stupid decisions.

The folks at YouTube and at whatever businesses that are making all this copyright trouble ought to be forced to watch this video until they find their hearts, brains and courage.

This is what Mike said on Facebook: "Omigosh, you can't begin to imagine my surprise and delight upon receiving this video just this morning. These young people have truly inspired me. . . . It just shows how music is an international language and how the spirit of the Ukulele reaches around the globe. . . 'HAPPY STRUMMING' indeed!!!"

Last edited:
Awe-frick'n-some!!

This is what Mike said on Facebook: "Omigosh, you can't begin to imagine my surprise and delight upon receiving this video just this morning. These young people have truly inspired me. . . . It just shows how music is an international language and how the spirit of the Ukulele reaches around the globe. . . 'HAPPY STRUMMING' indeed!!!"

I smiled all the way through that video.

Thanks for posting it. (and thanks to Mike Lynch!)

The copyright thing is a bummer, but that video is FANTASTIC!

That video is the best. It's a shame about Mike, but if that video tells us anything, it's that music will prevail. Happy Strumming!

Top Bottom