Pineapples!

CountryMouse

Reaction score
This is a show-and-tell video about my two pineapple ukuleles (one of which is my new aNueNue!), plus my Denim Flea, plus stuff about strings.

Mousie

ETA: I used YouTube's online editing to try to lighten this video. I don't know how long it will be before that takes effect--hours? Please check back to see the colours of the ukuleles better. :)

Last edited:
And here I thought this was all about the fruit, so I got all hungry-like.

Oh, the ukes are nice and sound really good, too!

Congrats, the aNueNue had the prettiest tone to my ears.
Interestingly, the aNueNue looks very similar to my wife's Luna ... both are laser burned too.
Luna-Pineapple-11.jpg

Nice video - thanks for sharing! Good info about the different strings, too. My Kala Kiwi is now begging for those green strings. I too love pineapples, who wouldn't?

Congrats, the aNueNue had the prettiest tone to my ears.
Interestingly, the aNueNue looks very similar to my wife's Luna ... both are laser burned too.
View attachment 31330

I've got a Luna under the tree, how do your wife rate it Paul?

Nice set of pineapples ya got there Mousie lol

Aloha Jo,
Glad to see you getting back to your ukes again...wow you bought more ukes..he he...and I can see that they are making you happy...whick makes me happy because I get to see more
of your videos...Seasons Greetings to you and your family....Merry Christmas...

I've got a Luna under the tree, how do your wife rate it Paul?

Nice set of pineapples ya got there Mousie lol

The Luna sounds very nice and projects well. It is laminated, but very thin, and overall they instrument is very pleasantly light.
The uke arrived with a high action and the intonation was off because of it. Fortunately, when I lowered the saddle (nut was OK) it also took care of the intonation problem. Also, lowering the saddle is much easier than the nut.
My wife is very happy with it.

The Luna sounds very nice and projects well. It is laminated, but very thin, and overall they instrument is very pleasantly light.
The uke arrived with a high action and the intonation was off because of it. Fortunately, when I lowered the saddle (nut was OK) it also took care of the intonation problem. Also, lowering the saddle is much easier than the nut.
My wife is very happy with it.

i had a little play on mine before it was wrapped and i think i might have the same problem, so i will be attempting to set it up when i get my sticky little fingers on it, do you think a 1 or 2mm space at the first fret and 3mm at the 12th fret would be about the right set up Paul?

i had a little play on mine before it was wrapped and i think i might have the same problem, so i will be attempting to set it up when i get my sticky little fingers on it, do you think a 1 or 2mm space at the first fret and 3mm at the 12th fret would be about the right set up Paul?

I just measured and it is 1mm at the 1st fret & 2mm at the 12th. I probably didn't have to go that low but my wife is a beginner and a very low action is much easier for her to play.
...Now that I think of it, I may have lowered it at the nut a bit too.

Nice video - thanks for sharing! Good info about the different strings, too. My Kala Kiwi is now begging for those green strings. I too love pineapples, who wouldn't?

You're welcome! I have to say that my experience so far with the Aurora strings is that they are taking forEVer to stretch out and settle in! I do like the sound and feel, though.

Mousie

Aloha Jo,
Glad to see you getting back to your ukes again...wow you bought more ukes..he he...and I can see that they are making you happy...whick makes me happy because I get to see more
of your videos...Seasons Greetings to you and your family....Merry Christmas...

You know it is: UAS. ;)

Hope you had a lovely Christmas!

Mousie

Top Bottom