Struggling to achieve Bmin cleary ?

cantcook1

Reaction score
I an struggling to play Bmin clearly is there an alternative till my fingures work it out. Thankyou.

Bm - 4222, 4675, 7675 actually the first position is the easiest. Use index finger to barre the entire 2nd fret and ring finger on the 4th fret

Hi Bm 4222 is the position i am struggling at, as suggested it does appear the easier, so i will just practice, practice, practice till my ring finger stops touching string below. Thanks for your prompt reply merry xmas.

Keep working on the first position Bm (4222) it is a useful form to be able to slide up the neck.
Most everyone struggles with barre chords, but once you get them they are very handy.

If there is a song you are try to learn substitute Bm7 (2222), this is not a long term solution, but will keep you playing while learning.

Hi Bm 4222 is the position i am struggling at, as suggested it does appear the easier, so i will just practice, practice, practice till my ring finger stops touching string below.
If your ring finger is touching the string below it, try arching it more. You should be touching the string with the tip of the finger close to the nail. The finger should not bend backward at the first joint (if that makes sense).

It helps to keep your fretting hand nails as short as possible in order to be able to place the fingertips more precisely on the strings.

Hi Bm 4222 is the position i am struggling at, as suggested it does appear the easier, so i will just practice, practice, practice till my ring finger stops touching string below. Thanks for your prompt reply merry xmas.

A tip I learned recently from a Gerald Ross video - when making the barre on the 2nd string, do NOT use the first joint of your finger. Instead extend that joint past the fretboard so the next two joints are being used. Is less tiresome & seems to work well for me, now that I've been trying it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YafhDexY6I

About the 3:00 minute mark he tells you how to barre - in addition to changing the barreing finger, this will also bring your hand around so that ring finger is more directly over the 4th fret.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Lots of exellent advice, just tried the vid recommendation it appears to work for me. Thanks to all. Merry Xmas

Top Bottom