To Coffee & Tea drinking uke players: market research. ;)

ukemunga

Reaction score
Came up with a couple of mug designs today.

Do you think these simple designs would be of interest?

The chord one says, "How to Play 100s of Songs on the Ukulele" and shows C, F, G and Am.

What do people generally pay for an imprinted mug? They seem a bit steep on Cafe Press but I don't know.

Thanks for any opinons and/or ideas. Probably gonna make some T-Shirts too. How about an upside down chord reference so the wearer could look down and read it?

Anyway...

Merriest Christmas to all, and for those who don't like Christmas - Happy Festivus!!!

Attachments

• Mugs.jpg
    Mugs.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 91
hey munga, love the designs..and, given there is a coffee mug continually in my hand, I could even learn something. I agree the cafe press prices are way up there, but, for something quirky and personal, I guess it fits

hey munga, love the designs..and, given there is a coffee mug continually in my hand, I could even learn something. I agree the cafe press prices are way up there, but, for something quirky and personal, I guess it fits

Thanks! Tasmania... wow! Never noticed that before, you devil you.

One of my grandfathers was from Transylvania, bwahahahaha...

I had a coffee mug in my hand most of the day today, too. Last day of work this week and we celebrated with a bit of Bailey's Irish Cream. Can you tell?

I would think folks would pay $8-10. I like the one with the notes. I could use that one for learnin' and such...

What volume are the mugs? 10, 12, 16 ounce? (quart pot, pint pot, half a pint, gill pot, half a gill, quarter gill, nipperkin, or the brown bowl?)

As I usually have a vessel of coffee or tea in one of my hands 8 hours a day - I sell the stuff - I'm prone to use the larger mugs - 18-22 ounce. Anything less than 16 ounces is a tease, when I have the time to sit, relax, and enjoy a cup.

I'll typically pay about $10US (retail) for an 18 ounce ceramic mug at Starbucks, so for a similar sized "novelty" mug, I'd expect to pay no more than $15US.

-Kurt​

Love the designs, standard mug $10 tops and you'd sell twice as many @$7. gotta get some java, peace out, g2

I'd be willing to pay $15 for a mug like that but probably much more inclined towards $10/mug. Those are hilariously awesome though. I dig it. :)

Hmm. Nice mug art. Would prefer a better looking mug shape, not too heavy. Not stoneware. Porcelain.

Maybe something uniquely shaped.

mug10.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm. Nice mug art. Would prefer a better looking mug shape, not too heavy. Not stoneware. Porcelain.

Maybe something uniquely shaped.

View attachment 31344

I do agree on the unique shape idea but the production process for 1-offs (these would be produced on demand) requires straight sides.

It's a heat press kind of process with the mug clamped in a heated cylinder. Final product is dishwasher-safe and the whole bit but it's kind of an artsy-fartsy way to gt there.

Everything is original and not a mass-produced buy wholesale / sell retail operation.

I got a mug similar to that for my birthday this year, it has the standard chord shapes for A through to G# for Major, seventh, minor and minor seventh, very useful!

I don't know how much the person who got it for me paid, but I know they sell them on eBay!

Nice mugs. Like another poster, I pay $10 at Starbucks. Would buy one of yours for $10. How much is shipping?

Cute design. Note sure if I'd want another regular mug, myself. I've got dozens - from events, trade shows, gifts, etc. The ones I prefer however are larger than the standard mug so I can fill it up with tea. Problem is that larger mugs with thin walls cool off quickly, so I choose prefer a mug with thick walls. I warm it up first with hot water before making tea in it.

Problem is that larger mugs with thin walls cool off quickly, so I choose prefer a mug with thick walls. I warm it up first with hot water before making tea in it.

That's why I get the Starbucks ceramic mugs. 18 oz, thick walls, and warming the cup first is the ONLY way to do it, coffee or tea.

Ok. not the ONLY way, but the only way to make sure that the cold ceramic doesn't suck all the heat out of the beverage before you can drink it...

-Kurt​

Nice! You could consider making the upper line on the chord diagrams (the "nut") a bit thicker. (I think that's chord diagram convention, isn't it?)

JJ

Hey, JJ's avatar is the Picasso that I was talking about for the mugs. cheers, g

Top Bottom