PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a used Koaloha Sceptre....

knygren
12-24-2011, 01:46 AM
Is there anyone out there who might consider selling their koaloha sceptre? (few do....) I'm asking in the spirit of Christmas hopefulness.....

I'm ready to take my Koaloha infatuation to the next level, having been in a mongamous relationship with my sweet Koaloha pineapple soprano for the past 2 years..... it's time to add another family member in 2012, and I know a sceptre is the next step for me in my particular acquisition syndrome.

I'd prefer the concert size neck, but also would consider the tenor neck if I can't find a concert. Let me know if you have one gathering dust (hah!) or an interest in possibly downsizing your uke collection for the sake of your wallet--I would love to provide an economic boost to someone who has over-acquired! :o

Thanks for considering,
Kristen

SuzukHammer
12-24-2011, 03:12 AM
I have overacquired but I don't want to sell cause its too beautiful and it sounds too good too.

Good luck in your search.

I'm lucky my wife doesn't know how to get on this site. haha She would have sold you my sceptre because she doesn't know anything about ukes.

rem50
12-24-2011, 06:23 AM
I have one too but I don't know if I could part with mine either. I think what you are asking could possibly be blasphemous! Ha! Hope you find one quickly so I will stop considering this.

Markr1
12-24-2011, 06:38 AM
I have one also and not considering it at this time. It's got such a big sound for such a thin uke.

haolejohn
12-24-2011, 06:39 AM
I let mine go reluctantly but baby needs come first.

byjimini
12-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Whereabouts are you in the world? I'm not considering selling mine for a second, but it may help you in your search if people know your approx. location. :)

All I can say is, it's well worth the investment. I had serious doubts about whether I'd bond to it, but boy does it sing, it had a personality of its own, as if it has soul. I did a gig that was supposed to be amplified, but on arrival the sound deck had fried itself, so we did it acoustically. My sceptre rose to the occasion and shone, sounded absolutely brilliant.

Just be prepared to have people coming up, pointing, and saying "what the hell is THAT?!".

haolejohn
12-24-2011, 10:33 AM
I agree ^^^

i will buy another sceptre one day. Not sure when but it will be owned by me again.