• 15-16

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • 17-17+

Votes: 7 9.0%

• Total voters

ukuhippo

Reaction score
Hi all,

On my journey to satisfy UAS I found myself comparing different models on a couple of point and one of them was the number of frets. Which is kind of ridiculous in my case, as I never get passed the 10th fret whil playing. This made me curious:

How high do you get upon the fretboard while playing?

Since I bought my Koaloha tenor, I try to play some jake Shimabukuro songs (a little slow yet). So, sometimes I use te 12-14 frets.

I can't keep the dang thing lit...

I can't keep the dang thing lit...

Keep trying, once it burns you'll enter a fascinating world full of pink ukes you're actually gonna like. Not to mention the elephant. And the hippo, but that's obvious.

I use all of em..

I am learning to move up the neck slowly. should be fun

The highest note in any of the songs I currently play is the 15th fret. This works a lot better since I've had a uke with 17 frets. When I just had a 12-fret soprano, I would stick my pinky up beyond the highest fret and try to hit the right spot.

Improving about 7/8 fret just because I'm not to familiar with choirs shapes beyond it but with the right amount of practice I will get up there. I use all the frets when fingerpicking or playing a song I already know though

i dont get high on the fretboard, i get high on mushrooms

How high do you get upon the fretboard while playing?
I never get high on a fretboard. First it's too much trouble to grind one up to smoke it. But sometimes I get high from a little tequila while I'm playing my uke...

I usually PLAY up to the 15th fret on a tenor, and up to the 17th on a baritone. After the 17th, the space is too small for comfort.

I pretty routinely go up to the 13th or 14th fret on my both my soprano and concert ukes.

This has definitely helped limit my UAS - nothing is allowed in my collection that doesn't have a minimum of 15 frets :)

Top Bottom