Barring a D chord?

pyrofox24

Reaction score
I'm trying to learn how to play the tetris song and I'm having a hard time barring the D chord. Any tips on how to bar the chord or any alternate ways to finger the chord so that it will be easy to play the song?

Some people that I know can't bar the D chord aswell so instead they place their fingers on each individual string, hope this helps.

Welcome to the UU!

Keep doing it and it'll sound better and get easier as your barre strength increases. One day you just wake up and its right. Practice brah....practice.

Some people that I know can't bar the D chord aswell so instead they place their fingers on each individual string, hope this helps.

And if you do fret each string individually, remember that you can leave the A string (the first string--closest to your feet) open. Assuming you don't need to have it fretted somewhere to get the melody you're looking for, of course.

If it's hard to cram your index, middle, and ring fingers onto the second fret like that, you can use your middle, ring, and pinkie fingers instead.

Finally, if you really want to make it a barre chord, then here are some tips:

1) Make sure the "pad" of your thumb is pressing on the neck. Don't "curl" your thumb around like you (probably) do for open-position chords.

2) Instead of thinking of it as pushing toward you with your fingers, think of it as pushing away from you with your thumb. I don't know why, but that helps me.

JJ

Try:
That's an alternate D: barre the second fret and stick the pinky on the 5th fret of the first string. Sometimes doesn't work tonally because the 5 is a high D, but it's useful at times.

Top Bottom