A cool UU accessory maybe...

KoloheBoy

UU Intern
Reaction score
I was thinking it would be cool to have some ukulele underground wristbands like the lance armstrong live strong bands. They're pretty cheap and can come in many different colors and designs. Would be cool to support UU when you're playing your uke! everybody would see um when you play. I would wear them :). I ordered some for my team a while back, check out www.reminderband.com Fast service and cheap.

:D

edit: For the guy who said it should go to a charitable cause, how about money towards keeping the site going? Ryan and everyone are paying out of their pockets to keep this thing going. Think about it....

Last edited:
That's actually a pretty good idea!

A few years ago we sold reminder bands as a fund-raiser to repair a skatepark! We sold them for $5.00 each and SOLD OUT in a matter of weeks! LOL (They were black with the embossed word "SK8HRD").

Wish I kept a couple... LOL

No offense, but the original idea of those "awareness bracelets" was to support a charitable cause or organization... while UU may be a non-profit organization, IMHO it's not a charitable cause. But they are now used as corporate feel-good handouts as cheap marketing gimmicks. :(

Sorry to be such a downer with such few posts! :eek:

I like thesoobz's idea of keychains more - it's not trying to be something it's not! :nana: We could get pickholder keychains made! (joke)

john

No offense, but the original idea of those "awareness bracelets" was to support a charitable cause or organization... while UU may be a non-profit organization, IMHO it's not a charitable cause. But they are now used as corporate feel-good handouts as cheap marketing gimmicks. :(
john

it doesnt have to be an awareness bracelet then, it can just be a normal rubber bracelet.

Not all rubber bracelets have to be 'awareness bracelets'. If we made em I would wear it every day too!

I agree, bracelets like Colbert's Wriststrong bracelet would be a fun way to identify with other ukulele underground members. It would be a great way to show your UU pride on youtube videos and stuff (seeing as on most ukulele youtube videos all you see are the hands and wrists of the players). I think this is a great idea :)

Top Bottom