Best Sounding Mahalo - EVEH

SuzukHammer

Reaction score
wow. I subscribed to this young pino lady perhaps a year ago. She hadn't posted much in a year; but, she makes this Mahalo sound good.

I wonder how she'd sound with a nice koa or a custom uke.

or does she have the best Mahalo ever?

maybe its your eyes taking over lol. Oh I will say I got a new Kala SLNG which was a sort of frivolous buy because I always wanted one. I will say soundwise its probably not quite as nice as a Makala MK-C or what sounds even better than both of these is my Black Painted Mahalo with the martin strings on it all in lovely maple you know sounds great for a laminate. In my experience, Mahalo sounds better than Kala.

Mahalo in my experience, has been a 'hit and miss' brand. When my friends and I bought mahalo coloured sopranos, only one friend of mine and myself being lucky, got a mahalo that sung heavenly. The others were dead.

I agree that Mahalos are ....... 30/70 but yeah, I just dig the way this girl sings and I'd rather see how a nicer uke would look on here.

Yeah, I was about to say the same.. some Mahalos actually sound OK.
Some of their regular coloured U30's, the Les Paul and Telecasters generally sound OK with Aquilas (although intonation is another issue).

Nice vid though o_O :)
She plays really well.

I listened to some of her other songs too, she is realy great, I hope she goes far.

I didn't hear a thing, but she's certainly great.

That uke does sound great. The setup must have been spot on. She has a nice voice, too, and is very attractive. I bet she'll get signed one day.... I hope she sticks to the ukulele.. it's a great instrument for her. She reminds me a little of Faith Rivera, another great Hawaiian singer, who writes her own music, but alas, does not play ukulele. I've met her and seen her in concert twice, wow, she can stand a crowd on its head!

My Mahalo was pretty dead until I tuned it up the step the aDF#B and now it sings. I love it.

Top Bottom