My baby got into one of her Christmas presents early...

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Casey wanted to open one of her gifts today, so we let her. She got into this one that she's been wanting. She hates "Guitar Hero" because she says it does nothing but bring "posers" to the surface, lol.. But when she first got wind of "Rocksmith" for the Xbox 360, she said she had to have it. It's is like guitar hero, except you use a real guitar connected via USB, and play real chords, and real notes. This game is cool, as well as an awesome tool to sharpen skills for even veteran guitarists. She has been playing on it ALL day.. And killing it.. This is fun, and also really does keep ya on your toes and playing, and can be used for beginer to pro guitarists, and even challenges veteran guitarists.. ... I think I am gonna get another cable for it, and connect one of our basses to it, and play rhythm section with her on it.. This thing is cool.

NOW, I just wish they would come out with a version of this for the Uke too.. If they do, Im all over it too..

12242011c.jpg

Last edited:
That game is tons of fun!!! I love it!

It is.. I caught her today when I walked in on her playing it. She was standing there jamming with her Les Paul slung low in her "Slash" stance, bangin.. lol.... I cracked up, but she was tearing it up tho.. lol.. The kid is a rocker, hahhah..

That game looks amazing, if I could but afford a copy ;) I bet she's loving it though. Sounds like she's setting up for a lifetime of music.

Yeah, if she ever goes pro with it or not, it is a lifetime thing with her. Music is in this kids heart, and blood. She's been playing guitar since she was 5 years old, so I figure if she wasn't gonna last with it, she would have tossed it aside years ago. Thing is, she also wants a drum kit too now.. I guess she is gonna work torwards the "one man band" thing, hahhah.. I keep asking her "Who the hell do you think you are, Phil Collins? or what? " lol (for those non-Collins fans, that guys can plan anything from reed, brass, string, percusion... oh, and sings)

That game looks amazing, if I could but afford a copy ;) I bet she's loving it though. Sounds like she's setting up for a lifetime of music.

Ok UBSoft.. Ya got to come out with this for the Uke.. Everybody, contact UBSoft and tell them to develop "UkeSmith"

Yeah, if she ever goes pro with it or not, it is a lifetime thing with her. Music is in this kids heart, and blood. She's been playing guitar since she was 5 years old, so I figure if she wasn't gonna last with it, she would have tossed it aside years ago. Thing is, she also wants a drum kit too now.. I guess she is gonna work torwards the "one man band" thing, hahhah.. I keep asking her "Who the hell do you think you are, Phil Collins? or what? " lol (for those non-Collins fans, that guys can plan anything from reed, brass, string, percusion... oh, and sings)

My husband is one of those who plays anything he picks up...except for wind instruments. You ask him to drum and you think he's the drummer, you ask him to do keyboards and you think he's the keyboard guy, you ask him to play bass and he's happiest there but you wouldn't know it. You ask for guitar and rocks the Spanish riffs. And to think they never sent him to a single lesson on anything in his life. He also hates Guitar Hero because it's just that little bit behind where you'd be in the meter of you were actually playing. It doesn't give you that realtime response... it gives you the response of a well-coded video game. He could play along with a song, and fail the same song in Guitar Hero, and it's not like he doesn't game, preferring shooters. I wonder if that game exists for PS3.

My point being, if she wants to play drums... she'll probably do as well as she wants. If you want to save your ears though, maybe get a digital drum set. :D Anders has been wanting one of those for ages. We live in an apartment so.. neighbors.

And speaking of Phil Colins, when I was little, my parents had friends over and they were discussing rock drummers and I said something about him. They all laughed at me and said no, a real drummer. To this day, this confuses me. Whether or not you like his music, fine... but can he play? Yes.

If you want to save your ears though, maybe get a digital drum set.
I did get her a practice pad awhile back in hopes it will fade, but it hasn't. She likes the pad, and does pretty well, but she still flairs up and mentions she wished she had a kit. She is profecient with the guitar, and I have no problem with her getting drums, as long as a kid masters one instrument, and wants to also play another, that's great IMHO. I just don't like it when I kid bounces from instrument, to instrument when they get bored with the last. The good thing is my daughter isn't bored with guitar, hers is still permantly strapped around her. And she plays very well, so that being the case, I have no problem with a drum kit, with the exception of space, and expense right now. When we get moved to the new place, I might give up an area in the basement and set her up a small music studio.

.. but can he play? Yes.

yeah, Collins can play. I do like Genisis, and his solo stuff. I never really thought of him as a drum God, but, sure he can play. My point was, he can play anything he picks up.

Top Bottom