vox mini 3 and eleuke HELP

mjmeltzer

Reaction score
well I just got an eleuke and a vox mini 3 for christmas.

The eleuke works fine although it came iwth a dead battery.

With the amp though it only gives feed back when plugged into the microphone jack. It doesn't work when I plug it into the correct jack : / I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this or what I should do since i'm unable to use any of the effects or anything and that was one of the main reasons why I got the amp.

When I plug it into the input jack I get no feedback, that is what i am saying.

I'm confused now. lol

Are you plugging a mic into the mic jack and getting feedback? Or are you plugging your uke into the mic jack?

He's plugging the uke in the instrument jack and gets no sound. When he plugs the uke in the mic jack he does get sound.

I was ab;le to get it to work but it sort of makes a wierd noise. its not loud though.

Also now that I have it working...any tabs or songs you guys would suggest for me that would sound cool through the different effects?

there must be something basic wrong with your stuff. I run an eleuke through a vox mini 3 no probs, it should work fine for you. Do you have other instruments or amps to test each component on? Try using a different cable. I am assuming you are running a standard electric guitar cable from the eleuke jack to the guitar input. Sometimes the cables fail. I had a good Stagg cable up and die recently. Try the eleuke on some other amp if possible, the dead battery would be unusual, so maybe there is a short. Finall, plug another instrument into the instrument jack on the mini 3.

Let us know what you find. You have a good combo, just need to find and fix the fault.

Make sure you are using the right jack on the eleuke. You should have a cable with 1/4" "phone jacks" on each end. Plug one cable into the 1/4" jack on the uke, and the other into the instrument input on the amp. If you go from the headphone output of the uke to the amp it may work but may overdrive the amp and make it sound pretty bad.

When I thought I was going to win a cool mahogany concert Eleuke on ebay, I did a lot of shipping, narrowing it down to this vox and the Roland Micro Cube. I read several reviews on the Vox having problems like you describe and had decided on th Roland. Didn't win....didn't get either amp. Good luck, I am sure you will get it sorted out.

When I thought I was going to win a cool mahogany concert Eleuke on ebay, I did a lot of shipping, narrowing it down to this vox and the Roland Micro Cube. I read several reviews on the Vox having problems like you describe and had decided on th Roland. Didn't win....didn't get either amp. Good luck, I am sure you will get it sorted out.

Oooh, I was waffling between the Vox MINI3 and the Roland Micro Cube! But your remarks about the Vox having problems have made up my mind! Now I hope DH will let me have the $$ for the Roland. :rolleyes:

Mousie

I've got a vox mini3, works just fine witht he Fluke and the Epiphone uke.

Fitncrafty has an Eleuke and a Mini3, and they work fine together.

I agree with the comments: Plug a known working instrument into the instrument jack - then plug it into a known working amp [using the same cable]. If you get the same results, problem with the instrument/cable. If you get different results, problem with amp/cable.

Then do it over again, in the same order, with a different (preferably known good) cable. Identical results eliminates the cable as a problem. Different results point to instrument/amp issues, and you should then try your Eleuke with the known good cable.

The other option is to see if you can try a different amp.

I use a Shure mixer between the mikes and amp. With the output on low impedance, it works fine in the microphone port. On high impedance, works fine in the instrument port. Low impedance in the instrument port is dead, high impedance in the microphone port gives bleeding ear and eye-inducing feedback.

-Kurt​

I suspect a faulty cable or faulty endpin jack on the Eleuke. Carefully take the endpin jack off your Eleuke and check the solder joints for loose or shorted wires. Do the same with your guitar cable. Ric

Just wondering, are you using a mono or stereo cable? Sometimes inputs meant for mono don't work with stereo jacks.

This is something to look at for sure. It has happened to customers before. Also, if it turns out to be a problem with the uke Eleuke has a great warrenty program for the first year. You can also take it by a music shop and try it in different amps to see if it might be an amp issue.

Top Bottom