Low G on Sceptre or Pineapple Sunday?

Tukulele

Reaction score
Hello,

Please let me know if you've tried stringing your Sceptre or Pineapple Sunday with low G, and what you thought of the results. Also, what strings (e.g., Worth, Savarez, etc) did you try and like/dislike.

Thanks!

I tried worth brown low G on my sceptre. I was wanting try a change between the pineapple Sunday and the sceptre. Maybe it was the strings I chose but I didn't like it. Worth brown low G was what I tried and I didn't like them. They just didn't feel right and the sound just wasn't there for me. My thoughts are that either I should have tried a different set or these 2 ukes just sound better with high G. I have some sets of Aquila low G now but recently got a Bluegrass uke that is setup with low G and will keep the sceptre and pineapple sunday at high G.
I'm probably wrong but that's just my opinion.

I tried to string my sceptre low g using freemonts but the hole wasn't large enough to accomodate the low g so I kept it high g.

I strung my Pineapple Sunday with Worth's Brown Low G and I love it. I had the clears on before with a high G and to me it sounds lots fuller.

Top Bottom