WTB: Half Decent Tenor

zigy11

Reaction score
I am looking for a decent tenor uke, and by that, I have just started playing ukulele in the past three months, and already I'm amazed at the progress I've made. I bought a lanikai LU-21T, and overall I was happy enough with it, I am currently in the process of testing different strings on it to make the sound better. Ultimately I'd like to purchase something of a little higher quality. I would still be okay with a laminate, though of course depending upon price solid wood construction would be preferred.

I am currently in the process of preparing to move and getting rid of a bunch of my excess instuments, but I thought since I'm getting rid of my most prized possessions, that I would use some of the profit towards a better ukulele. I really am only looking to spend 200 to 300 dollars, I know that isn't even a drop in the bucket towards a high quality uke, but I'm just looking for somthing with a nice voice, and a little visual appeal..

there are few solid mahogony's in your price range. I've been looking at the Ohana TK-35, MGM has it for $280 shipped. But been debating on spending another $100 for a Pono Solid Mahogany with electronics and better case. Good luck and happy hunting:music:

Yea, check with Mike. I'm sure he has several in your price range.

I was actually thinking of trying to find something gently used rather than new, maybe get a little better uke for the money...

Also another couple thoughts and questions I wanted to ask.

Is there a certain brand/make of ukulele in the low to mid level range that is known for having better tonal/volume qualities? I'd obviously like the best sound I can get.

And does sound hole size make a difference in volume, I've noticed quite a range in sound hole size, shape, and placement throughout my browsing/researching online.

Dude, Mike will probably answer any question you have, just drop him an email, PM or call him direct @ 757-777-7873. He's given great advice and recommendations to a bunch of UUers.

Top Bottom