FS: Luna High Tide Tenor Acoustic/Electric<SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattydee

Reaction score
<SOLD>

For sale is this Luna High Tide tenor, with built in pre-amp. It's an Ovangkol cutaway, in a satin finish, with beautiful maple binding front and back, and lovely abalone inlays up the fretboard represent the moon's effect on the tide. It also has an abalone rosette. Open geared tuners. It's currently strung with brand new Worth Clears and an Aquila Low-G

I'm its second owner, and I don't know where it came from originally, but the action on it is nice, and I haven't had any buzzing issues with it. The frets all seem nicely dressed. The only issue I have found at all is that the adhesive holding the hook for the wires inside the soundhole came a little loose, so I put another piece of adhesive tape on there and reattached... Anyway, even though it's a laminate, HMS sells this uke, and call it a real bargain at $339. I've seen it go for $250 or so on Amazon.

I am asking $175 shipped CONUS. That will come with the original Luna gig bag, which doesn't offer great protection. $35 more gets you a Musician's Gear black tolex hard case and an in-case humidifier. I just modified the neck brace on the case so the uke fits perfectly.

I picked it up here on UU from Chrimess only a month ago, and I am selling because as much as I love the look of this uke, I just haven't bonded with it. It was my frst tenor, but having learned to play on a soprano, and then graduated to a concert, I think the tenor scale is just too big for me. I just always find myself reaching for my sopranos or concerts. I would like to start saving for a KoAloha longneck pineapple, and this is as good a place to start as any.

PM if you have any questions. I suppose might even be open to trades on a concert with a pickup... Try me.

Thanks for looking, UU. Paypal is fine, or check or money order. Whatever's clever.

(Just realized I dated that page 2012. I guess I'm excited for next year?)

Attachments

• Luna Headstock.jpg
    Luna Headstock.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Luna Rosette.jpg
    Luna Rosette.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Luna Soundhole.jpg
    Luna Soundhole.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 16
  • Luna with sign.jpg
    Luna with sign.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Luna Front.jpg
    Luna Front.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Got it for last Christmas from my wife-came from a big box retailer- huge value_ read the HMS description. It is a great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom