Breedlove American Series Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuprin

Reaction score
I can't justify keeping this as it gets little play due to my Moore Bettah and Luis Feu de Mesquita.

So, selling my Breedlove American Series tenor...

From Breedlove's website:

The American Series Tenor Ukulele displays the style and craftsmanship that Breedlove is famous for. This fine instrument is made of a solid sitka spruce top with solid sapele back and sides that produce a bright, crisp tone, perfect for performance. The American Series Tenor is also delightfully playable with its ebony fingerboard and 17" scale. Other refinements include black binding, an ebony bridge, and chrome tuners.

Musicians Friend's list of features:

All Solid Tenor Ukulele
Top: Sitka Spruce
Back & Sides: Sapele
Inlay: Centered Dots
Nut Width: 1-3/8"
Neck: One-piece Mahogany (Bolt on)
Scale: 17”
Peghead Overlay: Ebony
Fingerboard: Ebony
Binding: Black
Finish: Satin
Bridge: Belly - Ebony
Nut & Saddle: Tusq
Frets: 19
Tuners: Chrome Gotoh 780 Open-back
Tuning: G-C-E-A
Strap Buttons: Chrome
Pick Guard: None
Deluxe Hardshell Case included

It plays nicely and the radiused fretboard feels good. Intonation is very good. I also had a Fishman passive ukulele pickup installed.

Musicians Friend and Guitar Center are selling it for $1399 but I found it at one site for $999 so I will use that as the "new price" basis. I got it for $799 due to excess glue around the headstock inlay. There's a picture of this below. Otherwise, the uke is mint.

Edit: I was just playing it and found that if picked very hard (much harder than I normally pick), there might be the slightest buzz on the first couple of frets. Again, I've never noticed it before because I had to really pick hard to get it to buzz. I doubt this will be a problem for anyone.

The case has a few dings but is very nice. I've uploaded pictures of the issues below. It has a crushed velvet lining.

I would like to get $650, hardshell case and shipping to the continental US included.

Pictures:

Breedlove1.jpg

Breedlove2.jpg

Breedlove3.jpg

photo-13.jpg

Last edited:
Pictures of the case:

photo-1-5.jpg

Little ding:
photo-2-3.jpg

Unglued binding:
photo-3-3.jpg

Sound Sample:

That's a beautiful ukulele, and it's hard to beat that price. I'm tempted, but I have a Mya Moe tenor in the Mya Moe build queue, and I suspect I wouldn't get to play this ukulele much either once the Mya Moe arrives. Good luck! I hope it goes to another loving home.

Sold...thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom