books/dvds for beginners

ukeky

Reaction score
hi y'all,
i picked up ukuleles several months ago. been watching videos and reading forums online to learn from y'all fellow ukulele players.
i've recently acquired a book called 'exploring the ukulele with herb ohta jr. & daniel ho'. however, the material is way beyond my skill and knowledge level.
since there are so many choices of instructional books and dvds out there, i don't know which ones should i consider.
any fellow members who know some good beginners level books and dvds and don't mind to share?
thanks

Hey, you can try to find this book, Discovering the Ukulele by herb ohta jr. Now i haven't gotten this book myself, although i do plan to, it sounds like the first book in the series you have. Hope it helps!

thanks and keep coming if you guys have some other suggestions.

Find a group in your area that meets and jams together. I've been playing a month and have learned more from playing in a group than I would have learned in a year from a book. Just jump in and play the chords you know. By playing in two different groups I'm adding 2 or 3 chords a week and actually learning how to strum different rhythms, something I'd never get from a book. Also, fellow uke players are very cool, gentle, teachers and everyone remembers being a newbie.

"You can never own too many ukes."

Top Bottom