New Epiphone LP stocking stuffer arrived today

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
When Musician's Friend put these on sale for a few pennies over $83, I decided to pull the trigger. In keeping with some other reviews I've read, it's gorgeous and a steal for the money. Much darker and richer looking burst finish than the pictures. It has a small clearcoat run on the inside, bottom edge of the sound hole and the nut looks like it has been slotted with a table saw. Action seems pretty low and the fret ends are better than the ones that came on my pono. Gig bag pretty minimal. That said, Knew I'd be replacing nut and saddle, and strings. Will get some advice on the finish flaw, and post a full review when I finish tweeking it. Pickup works great though!

Last edited:
Oo nice. I quite like mine.

My choice of strings on it are D'addario Pro-Artes (concert).
I think it brings out the warm, woody, mellow tone quite well.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new uke!

You must have big feet if that'll fit in your stockings. :)

I was VERY surpried how much the sound on mine improved with a set of Nylguts. Enjoy!

I figure a bone nut and saddle won't hurt either. Every time I look at it, I still can't believe how good it looks.....and as a bonus, it's really a "thinline" compared to some others out there.

Tudorp set mine up, added a bone nut & saddle, and changed the strings to Aquilas. Sounds very nice - huge difference in the instrument.

I'm leaning heavily to selling my unplayed Epi Les Paul uke... the one that came from the factory, and has been strummed about 5 minutes. (After the way Tony set up the first one, the second one just sits in the gig bag.)

-Kurt​

Top Bottom