PDA

View Full Version : Considering a new pineapple and would like some opinions.

guitarsnrotts
12-27-2011, 03:46 PM
I like the full tone of the pineapple shape and am considering adding to my collection. I've narrowed it down to the Ohana PK25G or a KPK. Each come in at around $150. I recently bought a KPK concert and really like the sound and the light build but have no experience and no access to Ohanas. Any opinions on the pros and cons of either? Thanks.

Lori
12-27-2011, 05:45 PM
I haven't played a KPK, but I own several Ohanas, and have been very happy with them. I have seen the pineapple one in person. The Ohana PK25G is very nice, and I love the headstock shape.

–Lori

Ken Middleton
12-27-2011, 08:16 PM
We also do a dedicated hard case for the PK-25G.

808boy
12-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Aloha guitarsnrotts,
I have 2 KPK's, a concert and a tenor, love them both. I also have an Ohana PK-25G and love that one also although I very seldom play it(not to fond of sopranos, only sop. I own). However I can vouge for the Ohana as it is a fine ukulele from all standpoints. Good luck in your decision...........................BO............. .......

ckellogg
12-28-2011, 04:24 AM
We also do a dedicated hard case for the PK-25G.

As a person who has PUAS, this is good news. Those of use with PUAS also have PCUAS - Pineapple Case UAS. Finding good cases for them is tough! I have a Stagg tweed for my Mainland Mango, it fits like a glove, meaning I probably couldn't fit a glove between the body and the case. Enjoy your pineapple!