UU Points

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
We're starting a new system called UU Points today. The idea of this is that every time you purchase something from the UU store, you will be credited a specified amount of UU Points which can be redeemed later for special items that are not available in the store. There are also other ways to earn points, but you'll need to find out how for yourself.

For those of you who have already purchased things from the store, don't worry we'll be e-mailing you shortly to notify you how many points you already have. To see the point values for each item, just check out the store.

The special items will be revealed as we make them.

Just a way for us to say thanks for supporting us.

Last edited:
Great idea guys! Thanks again for making UU the best Ukulele resource on the web.

thats cool, always improving the UU site..

way ta go
way to go?
where did u go!

before reading this thread carefully, i looked at the store and noticed; "hey, i can get strings w/ my 1 point". then i looked around for how to redeem my point, and read "UU Points which can be redeemed later for special items that are not available in the store." awww, you actually get 1 point for buying strings. i get it now

Last edited:
before reading this thread carefully, i looked at the store and noticed; "hey, i can get strings w/ my 1 point". then i looked around for how to redeem my point, and read "UU Points which can be redeemed later for special items that are not available in the store." awww.

I actually think that you get 1 point for buying the strings. I dont think you can redeem 1 point for strings...otherwise, why not save up 6 or 10 for a uke. :)

before i read this thread..i was thinking man how can i get a quick 10 points for a uke...i was thinking maybe its based on posts and responses and what not...but in any case...now that this is all cleared up, this is a great feature...shoooooooootz

Great Idea...but slightly flawed...

Hey Guys,

I love the idea! When I was doing the math, however, the system seems a little flawed to me. If I get 10 UU points for spending $400+ on a uke, why don't I just spend $50+ on 10 sets of strings to get 10 UU points? By spending $400+ on strings I would have about 80 UU points. That means string UU points are worth 8 times more than uke UU points.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the UU point values need to be uniform. Thoughts?

Bruddah Kekoa

Hey Guys,

I love the idea! When I was doing the math, however, the system seems a little flawed to me. If I get 10 UU points for spending $400+ on a uke, why don't I just spend $50+ on 10 sets of strings to get 10 UU points? By spending $400+ on strings I would have about 80 UU points. That means string UU points are worth 8 times more than uke UU points.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the UU point values need to be uniform. Thoughts?

Bruddah Kekoa

I dunno.... I think it's more about loyalty than math. I'm greatful for an opportunity to make purchases which will help offset the cost of keeping the site up and running. I think it's nice the owners offer any little premium at all to the folks interested in supporting the site. In my eyes it's more a symbolic gesture of gratitude on the part of the owners.
:music:

I dunno.... I think it's more about loyalty than math. I'm greatful for an opportunity to make purchases which will help offset the cost of keeping the site up and running. I think it's nice the owners offer any little premium at all to the folks interested in supporting the site. In my eyes it's more a symbolic gesture of gratitude on the part of the owners.

I agree with leavit2jane. It's a symbol of gratitude, but i also understand what Bruddah Kekoa's saying. They could raise the UU points for the $400 uke, but then again.. we have no idea what kinds of prizes we'll be getting from these uke points, and how much they'll be worth

Loyalty & Business Sense

Hi Leaveit2jane,

I agree with you about the loyalty part. We come here and participate because we love the topics and the company. But don't get yourself wrong...there has to always be a calculated return on your investment.

The owners here are awesome and they put out a great site! I imagine that hours and hours of time and energy are spent each week. They are innovative and come out with great ideas - if it wasn't so, they wouldn't be growing the way they are. This time and dedication needs to return their investment in some way besides the friendship and great company...there is always a calculated return.

UU points is a great idea - I just think it needs to be thought out a little more.

Aloha,
Bruddah Kekoa

Hi Leaveit2jane,

I agree with you about the loyalty part. We come here and participate because we love the topics and the company. But don't get yourself wrong...there has to always be a calculated return on your investment.

The owners here are awesome and they put out a great site! I imagine that hours and hours of time and energy are spent each week. They are innovative and come out with great ideas - if it wasn't so, they wouldn't be growing the way they are. This time and dedication needs to return their investment in some way besides the friendship and great company...there is always a calculated return.

UU points is a great idea - I just think it needs to be thought out a little more.

Aloha,
Bruddah Kekoa

with all due respect, i think you're wayyyy overthinking this. this isn't an investment. you're paying money in exchange for a product (shirt, uke, stickers, etc.). that's your return right there. these UU points are a bonus on top of that. they don't have to offer us UU points at all. i don't think their system deserves to be questioned like we deserve something more.

just my thoughts. carry on.

Top Bottom