Cover of Sympathique by Pink Martini

sensibly31

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm new here. Nice to meet you all!
I'm a beginner with the ukulele and still have lots more to learn really..

I got myself a Makala dolphin as a toy some time ago thinking that I wouldn't get anywhere with it, but as I'm learning to play I feel like I'm really falling for this little instrument! And now I'd like to invest in one that makes a decent sound(without spending a fortune)? I'd love to hear some of your suggestions!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45BcVe4N2kg

This is my first youtube video actually and it's quite embarrassing to post this here(I'm really not a singer..), but some friends requested this song and I thought it'd be nice to get some feedback before playing it live(I've never really played in front of anyone yet!)

:) Thank you!

That was great! I'm a HUGE Pink Martini fan, and you even sound a little like lead singer China Forbes.

As for your next uke, there are many threads in Buyer's Tips on that topic, and if you have a budget, uke size, and general tone in mind, telephone Mike at Uke Republic or Mim at Mim's ukes. Either of them will give you a lot of information that will lead you to a decision, and they'll set up the uke well.

Good luck! Thanks for joining, and can you do "Hang On, Little Tomato" next?

This is a coincidence! My very first YT vid was a cover of Sympathique! I took it down though- my French is horrible! I, too, would like to hear you do "Hang on Little Tomato" too.

Top Bottom