Koaloha firsT now kanilea changing tuners.

MGM

Reaction score
Koaloha as I posted earlier changed the tuners on their tEnors and superconcerts. Kanilea has just changed their tuners also from grovers to a still made at Grover factory new 18 to 1 ratio geared tuners with added nylon washers similiar to waverlys. Will post pictures and weight info as well as video from my morning visit to Kanilea when home. Out having dinner now..

Aloha Mike,
Mahalo for da heads up..hope you had a wonderful dina...yup you one bes Ukulele Man...eat, sleep, and think ukes all da time...Way to go Bruddah...

Mahalo Mike, YOU are the "Uke Whisperer"..........................BO.....................

here they are
photobucket-3584-1325112107829.jpg

photobucket-2839-1325112144021.jpg

photobucket-1538-1325112269542.jpg

and a video

Koaloha as I posted earlier changed the tuners on their tEnors and superconcerts. Kanilea has just changed their tuners also from grovers to a still made at Grover factory new 18 to 1 ratio geared tuners with added nylon washers similiar to waverlys. Will post pictures and weight info as well as video from my morning visit to Kanilea when home. Out having dinner now..

Dang, Mike, you are so inside it's scary.

Not sure I'm all crazy about the black pegheads or the double-tuner backing. But I guess making them lighter will be a bit more comfy. Though honestly, the weight for four tuners doesn't strike me as being that unbalanced.

Mahalo for your good work and for always bringing us da kine information!

Thanks for the info Mike. Hmm, I'm not a fan of the black tuners though, I liked the chrome or gold better. Actually it makes me really like the Kamaka mother of pearl coloring even better to be honest. That was a sweet uke on the wall in that video though. And I love Joe and Kristen from Kanilea -- they are such sweethearts. :)

Top Bottom