Escaping the Void (Original Ukulele Instrumental)

ArakawaUkulele

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
This is a new original, and I finally named it and recorded it!
This song is rather strange, and has a lot of 'Phrygian Dominant' stuff (fifth modal scale of harmonic minor), some key changes and some meter changes.
I hope that you guys enjoy this.
Let me know what you think!
Thanks for watching!

Sorry if the video is a little bit soft at the beginning, it sounded louder through my headphones :p

Last edited:
I couldn't hear anything in the beginning but when i cranked my volume up, i heard magic! :O

Yeah, sorry about the volume. Through my monitor headphones it was much much louder, but I'm making sure to turn up the mic volume for next time! But, thank you for listening and the kind comment.

A beautiful blend of styles. Loved the sound and, of course, your talent shines through.

Great work Jason ! :eek:

Thanks!
@coriandre I tried to make it a bit different from what people may normally hear from not only an ukulele, but music in general :D
I'm glad you enjoyed it though!

That was remarkable, downright epic. *Jaw drop* I loved the change in dynamics from section to section and the fills linking each strum, adding so much intricacy.

It sounds like a hero's theme from a fantasy epic. Letting my imagination run wild, I'm picturing our story's hero capturing a dragon, showing it who's boss, and then riding it off into the setting sun towards battle.

That was remarkable, downright epic. *Jaw drop* I loved the change in dynamics from section to section and the fills linking each strum, adding so much intricacy.

It sounds like a hero's theme from a fantasy epic. Letting my imagination run wild, I'm picturing our story's hero capturing a dragon, showing it who's boss, and then riding it off into the setting sun towards battle.

Thank you for the wonderful comment and for the small analysis of the song! I'm glad that it made you picture a vivid story and for sharing! Once again, I appreciate it very much, thank you.

@coriandre I tried to make it a bit different from what people may normally hear from not only an ukulele, but music in general :D

In the '70s, this used to be called progressive rock. Specifically because people were trying to come up with something different from what people were used to hearing. It's very rare to hear it on a ukulele. Great job!

In the '70s, this used to be called progressive rock. Specifically because people were trying to come up with something different from what people were used to hearing. It's very rare to hear it on a ukulele. Great job!

Thank you! I really tried to challenge my creativity to write something 'new' on the ukulele, while trying to pick funky chords to catch the ear. But yes, that is exactly what I was trying to do!

Still awesome! When are you coming out with a new original?

Top Bottom