Amazing Grace instrumental on Custom KoAloha made by Paul Okami

consitter

Reaction score
Sorry for not singing, but I was nervous enough just playing. This is my first posting of a video of any kind, and my wife was so nice to help me do it. I've wanted to put a video on here for awhile, but haven't known how. This is to show primarily how the custom KoAloha sounds. I hope I've done it justice.

A nice job playing and a beautiful instrument. I read your story and was moved thanks for sharing.

Aloha Steve!

Belated Mele Kalikimaka to you and your beautiful family! I hope your two precious little girls are doing great, especially little Raeden. I hope her medical condition is improving. Send my regards to the Mrs.

Way to go, Brah!!! Great job playing that gorgeous KoAloha uke of yours in your very first video! Lokahi sounds amazing! Keep on practicing and posting more videos, I'll be looking forward to seeing and hearing them.

Take care and have a healthy, prosperous, and happy New Year!!!

Malama Pono,

Kimo

Thank you for sharing.
KoAloha, thank you for caring.

super job! I too had read your story before! What a family at Koaloha. Keep up the videos!

Your story is the exactly why I feel honored to own two beautiful KoAlohas. Alvin and his family break the mold of today's business model by caring about the people first above all.

Thank you for sharing yet another touching story from KoAloha!

That's a beautiful instrument. Congrats!

Your story is the exactly why I feel honored to own two beautiful KoAlohas. Alvin and his family break the mold of today's business model by caring about the people first above all.

Thank you for sharing yet another touching story from KoAloha!

The Ohana at KoAloha are the epitome of what business should be. They too are honored...honored that you, and many others choose to play their instruments. Each one is lovingly crafted and is in the hands of at least 3 of the 4 in the Okami family at some point before it gets to the eventual owner. The only exception MIGHT be Alan who has his irons in so many fires that he doesn't get to spend as much time in the shop as he would like. He is one busy and popular man in Honolulu and elsewhere, which is evidenced by his tweets and facebook entries.

I was lucky enough to have mine played by the entire family...it spent several weeks at Alan's house being played quite often by him. They all put a little mana (life force) into Lokahi. Gordon Mark, Pali Ka'aihue, and Herb Ohta, Jr. also played it. Alvin sang Days of Wine and Roses (his special song) accompanied by Gordon Mark. This of course doesn't count the fact that Paul did the entire build himself. That doesn't happen anymore. He still does the biggest part, but lets others in the custom shop participate in the builds. In short, I feel extremely special. Not in that I got a 'free' custom, but that KoAloha made me feel part of their ohana before, during and after the build. I still keep contact, and will most likely keep in contact for the rest of my life.

Top Bottom