KoAloha Pineapple Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkcrown

UU+
Reaction score
Ok Gang. Here is my next beauty to go on the block to help fund an upcoming custom. Once again I'm going into my collection and pulling out what I once thought was an untouchable. I named her Sweat Pea for her angelic voice. It plays loud and has that wonderful KoAloha neck profile. As you can see from the pics, the grain on this one is exceptional. It has the old style KoAloha straight bridge(my favorite for the PS and concert models) and the laser etched top.(Again my preference because it is more understated than the embossed top and supposedly sounds better.) It was set up for me personally by Brian at KoAloha and is strung with KoAloha clear strings. Included is the nice Oahu hard shell case in the pictures. Top shelf uke and top shelf case.

$1200.00 with shipping CONUS and Paypal fees. Happy New Year

PineappleSunday002.jpg
PineappleSunday003.jpg
PineappleSunday007.jpg
PineappleSunday008.jpg

Dana, whatever you are buying must be extremely awesome because I cannot believe what you have been selling. This is amazing! This is seriously the uke of my dreams but I just bought a boat today! UGH! Someone is going to be soooooooo happy. (I still love the sceptre though, thanks)

Argh, it's so tempting.... But I'm in the middle of changing jobs, so I can't take the risk right now.... If only it was avaiilable two months from now when things settle down :(

This is THE ONE ukulele left that I'm still lusting for...

Last edited:
Ack! This is next year's uke. Wait, 2013, I mean. When I first started playing, I saw Victoria Vox live, playing her Pineapple Sunday, and I thought: give me three years, I will have one of those.

Sigh.

I told myself I wouldn't buy anymore until I figure out my taxes from 2011; but, this would be an exception. haha.

so..... somebody better act quickly ... for the both of us..... cause......I don't trust myself, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

I'm gonna walk away from the computer for a day. SOmebody --- ANYBODY --- buy this .

DK, you're killin' me. If I still feel like this in a couple of days, expect a pm.

After 21 years of marriage I k ow when to back off when my wife says "do what you want" :(

Oh well, maybe next time.

Well I guess talking is always good, had a conversation with my wife and she was somewhat agreeable..., if this goes through I may have to sell on or two of my older ukes....

Sending PM.

Well I guess talking is always good, had a conversation with my wife and she was somewhat agreeable..., if this goes through I may have to sell on or two of my older ukes....

Sending PM.

Do it!! I'm sure you can get a discount on shipping since you guys are close!!!

I don't know if I'm really, really glad that I can't afford this, or really really unhappy that I can't afford this....

The Pineapple Sunday I played at Ukulele Source was superb - just not as superb as the Sceptre....

But I agree with one poster - the custom you're funding has got to be more than exceptional, to let the PS go...

-Kurt​

Gosh I love my wife... she ok'd the deal and I will thin my uke herd a bit to help fund the Pineapple Sunday.

Payment has been sent, and I will be waiting for this beautiful Uke sometime next week.

After being sick for the last two weeks over the holidays, and being transitioned out of my 20+ IT job, this is the perfect way to end a lousy year, and welcome in a new fresh start for 2012!

Happy New Year to all!

Ivan

This uke has been sold. I must admit I feel a little empty inside, letting go of all these beautiful ukes. But it will all be worth it after I get my custom(I hope). I will keep you all posted after it arrives.

In the meantime, a very Happy New year to a fellow New Englander.

Mods, please close this thread.

No Worries Dana, it is going to a very loving home... I'm a classical guitarist, and come from a musical family so it will be very well taken care of.

Plus it will be in good company with my KoAloha Soprano T2.

Thank you and to all I wish you a very happy 2012!

Congrats to both of you guys on the sale/purchase. I don't suppose either of you is getting rid of a KoAloha crown bridge tenor? ;)

Closing thread as the uke has been sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom