Cases for Kanile'a Concert?

rasputinsghost

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm looking for a hardcase for a Kanile'a concert. Just wondering what you guys use - looking for something functional, not something that will break the bank. I have my eye on a Guardian Concert case.

Thoughts?

Be sure to check the case specs against the size of the Kanile'a. (takes a while to hunt down specs & some of the cases share identical dimensions) I almost ordered a Silver Creek Concert hard case for an Islander (by Kanile'a) Concert and the uke was going to be too large for the case. I ended up buying the Tenor size case and will velcro padding to make a custom fit.

Depends; are you wanting a hard case or a soft case? I assume hard. If you dont wanna break the bank we may have exactly what you need..The reason it beats the guardian is because it is a hard case but still has a zipper/pockets/ and a carrying handle plus a strap for your side/back.

http://www.hawaiianukuleleonline.com/servlet/the-76/Ukulele-Hard-Case-dsh--Concert/Detail

I personally have had both, and while the more traditional hardcase may be a tiny tiny bit less bulky; its lack of a strap can prove to be challenging sometimes if you are ever trying to carry more than two things at once. I personally was running into this issue all day with my Ko'Olau ash tenor and so i decided to try out one of ours here at the store...WAY BETTER! Carrying my beuchat fins/freediving gear and uke to the beach just got so much simpler.

Mahalo,

Sean

Last edited:
Depends; are you wanting a hard case or a soft case? I assume hard. If you dont wanna break the bank we may have exactly what you need..The reason it beats the guardian is because it is a hard case but still has a zipper/pockets/ and a carrying handle plus a strap for your side/back.

http://www.hawaiianukuleleonline.com/servlet/the-76/Ukulele-Hard-Case-dsh--Concert/Detail
Sean, is this one of the foam cases? I have one that looks like it (Uke Crazy) and it's great because it's very light and easy to lug around with the straps. But when I think of a hard case, I think of something that has plywood under the covering (usually vinyl of some sort). I also have one of those HARD cases and it's nearly twice as heavy, but also much sturdier. The foam cases also use zippers & velcro instead of 2 or 3 metal clasps.

I wish case makers would clearly differentiate between:
• Soft case: gig bag with varying thickness of padding
• Foam hard case: light weight, no wood involved
• Hard case: covered plywood

"Uke Crazy"

The very same..

"I wish case makers would clearly differentiate between:
• Soft case: gig bag with varying thickness of padding
• Foam hard case: light weight, no wood involved
• Hard case: covered plywood
"

I do agree with you there. I suppose because of the hard foam they are now using, they can call it a hard case. Also, the version I/we have seems to be about the same weight.

Hey all,

I'm looking for a hardcase for a Kanile'a concert. Just wondering what you guys use - looking for something functional, not something that will break the bank. I have my eye on a Guardian Concert case.

Thoughts?

I had purchased a Kala Uke Crazy hardshell (actually hardshell, not hard foam) case from Elderly. When I received itinerant the top was warped leaving a gap between it and the bottom. I called Elderly and they informed me that all of the cases of that model had a slight warp in the top. I asked to to exchange it for a Guardian Vintage tenor case. I am extremely happy with it. Great workmanship and very solid. Plus that green interior looks snazzy.

I had purchased a Kala Uke Crazy hardshell (actually hardshell, not hard foam) case from Elderly. When I received itinerant the top was warped leaving a gap between it and the bottom. I called Elderly and they informed me that all of the cases of that model had a slight warp in the top. I asked to to exchange it for a Guardian Vintage tenor case. I am extremely happy with it. Great workmanship and very solid. Plus that green interior looks snazzy.

I've had the opposite experience! I purchased a Kanile'a soprano and it came in a Kala hardshell case (same one they call Uke Crazy now I THINK - it was before the Uke Crazy brand was introduced). That case was perfect - and it came with d-rings for a shoulder strap plus the strap as well. I ordered a Guardian soprano case for a different uke and not only was it crazy small it had a warped top and wouldn't quite shut tight (even empty). I returned that one....

My new favorite case isn't cheap, but it's nothing like the Kamoa or Ameritage, either - it's the Travis case sold by Ukulele World. I have a red one that my custom lives it and that thing is solid, reasonably light, and fits perfectly. Looks cool, too!

Top Bottom