FS: Beautiful Big Island Solid Mango Tenor Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olarte

Reaction score
It's my family's tradition to purchase wisely and keep all the instruments that we buy, but with the economic times being what they are, and a serious case of UAS, I must let one of my ukes go to make room for one that's on it's way home.

I'm putting up my Big Island Solid Mango Wood Tenor Uke which I aquired recently. It is in excellent condition, and comes with a standard foam padded case including an Humicase humidifier for the case.

This uke has the perfect balanced tone for a Low G, although right now it's in high G tunning.

I have also added a "tap guard" to the area where you strum, as you can see it's invisible and protects the beautiful gloss finish. The guard is completely removable as it's made from the screen protectors used on Ipad tablets.

These lovely ukes retail for about $600 plus shipping, tax etc. so I think it's a good deal, and would like to pass it on to a good home.

I need to recoup the cash that I laid out for it, So I'm pricing it at $425 including Shipping CONUS and Paypal fees.

You can see the beautiful wood work below, although it's much nicer in person. Note that the tuner pegs are also made of the same Mango wood.

You can get a sound sample of this particular uke when it was demoed at UkerRepublic here:
http://youtu.be/acmiKgWsYZw

Why not start the new year with a new uke?

Happy New Year!
Ivan

Mango01.jpg

Mango 02.jpg

Mango 03.jpg

mango 04.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Ivan,

I remember seeing this one in person when you were in NYC. It's a beautiful Uke... it's going to make somebody very happy...

Joe

Could I get a sound sample?

This is such a beautiful uke. Too bad I dont jive with the tenor scale. I'm seriously thinking about this one in concert size though. Good luck with the sale.

I'm at an APO address, so it is shipping to a US address with a customs form. But, I'm going to pass on it now that I've heard the sound sample. It is brighter than I'm aiming for. Thank you so much for the info on it though!!

Not a problem RuckMonkey, I'm sure someone will come along and pick it up. The woodwork was too beautiful for me to pass up.

I know You'll find exactly what you are looking for here at UU.

Somebody asked me why I'm selling, the reason is simple.

I purchased a pineapple Sunday which is 3 times as much money, so this is the only uke I can bare to part with that will also help me defray the cost of the PS. Otherwise as I would never let any of my instruments go...

Someone snag this beautiful uke!

If its is still available after I get back from my Hawaii trip I may just have to buy it myself!

It looks like this time of the year... It might be waiting for you when you get back.

Have a great trip!
Ivan

Well I've decided to keep the Mango Ukulele since there has only been some minor interest in it.

It's a beautiful piece of work, and it certainly complements the rest of my collection.

Instead I plan to sell my Cordoba CFE45 Flamenco\Classical\Electric guitar which should fetch $700 or so, and which is an instrument that I never really play.

So Mods you can go ahead and close this thread.

Thanks
Ivan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom