What Are You Doing New Years Eve? by Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt

I love it!!! I hope I can learn and memorize it by tomorrow!! Gonna be hard to practice w/o my wife hearing. Thanks for sharing

Very nice :D Will have to learn it at some point when I can play again!

That is a really cute video. I actually really like her voice (her version of "Baby It's Cold Outside" from "Elf" is still one of my favorites).

That's too funny, my brother had sent this video to me this morning. :) He knows I'm a fan of "500 Days of Summer", and this video made me smile bigtime. One of my favorite songs (about my least favorite holiday).

Great video but you guys are driving me nuts - there is nothing in the frame to tell me for sure whether you're both left-handed or this is one of those backwards web-cam vids! LOL

Great video but you guys are driving me nuts - there is nothing in the frame to tell me for sure whether you're both left-handed or this is one of those backwards web-cam vids! LOL

In the video, the binding on one of the books on the piano, is on the right, instead of left. In this video, Zooey lifts the Left side of her upper lip, but in other music videos, Zooey lifts the Right side of her upper lip.

Great, great rendition.

Left handed, right handed, left lip, right lip... you guys have entirely too much time on your hands!

:D

Yeah I think just about all of Zooey's videos are backwards. She plays rightie.

Heh, heh. Well, I'm glad that's settled. I didn't think about looking for the binding on the book on the piano - I was trying to read the text on it but couldn't. Don't even know why that struck me so - I probably wouldn't have noticed if not for both of them "playing lefty."

Well, anyway, Zooey and friend, as someone said, lefty or righty it's a great vid!

Is she playing an "Islander"?

Yeah I think just about all of Zooey's videos are backwards. She plays rightie.
Correct. I actually see quite a few YouTube vids like this. I'm not sure why computer cams are set by default to flip the image like that.

Is she playing an "Islander"?
Bridge doesn't look right. Neither does the wood color.

Correct. I actually see quite a few YouTube vids like this. I'm not sure why computer cams are set by default to flip the image like that.

Maybe so the user (person at the computer) sees them self the same way they see them self in a mirror? Otherwise the image seems "wrong" when watching yourself on the computer.

Towards the end of the song you can see the headstock... looks like a Collings to me!

Collings? Expensive!

Do you suppose she has a whole collection of ukes?
I've also seen her with a K-Wave Telecaster and a Banjolele

tumblr_lfpwd3Gc3V1qe7mxno1_500.png

Top Bottom