New islander models revealed...just arrived protos for NAMM

Aloha Mike,
Mahalo for the reviews. They do look sweet......prices?

Have no idea yet....you'll know when I do

Cool, Im seriously considering one of the Islander models and plan on making my purchase from you. :cool:

Hey Michael! Nice seeing you yesterday. You look great and are as active as ever. Thanks for the cases. Man, that phone is off the hook from the opening bell! I think you guys have to open at 5 am to catch the east coast folks!

Glad to see you back...Can't wait to hear more about these ukes...

Count me in and I'll take one of each.

They are beautiful. I just bought one of the original solid mahogany islanders but now I'm wishing I'd kept my money for one of these.

The new spruce-top with rosewood back and sides is an all-laminate? Not even a solid spruce top?
:(

No solid top...These are meant to be great playable yet affordable ukes...what is cool is the the top and bottom layer of the ply laminate is the wood so it looks solid when you look in the ukulele

They are beautiful. I just bought one of the original solid mahogany islanders but now I'm wishing I'd kept my money for one of these.
These probably won't be available for another 3-6 months. You'll probably be able to sell your 2011 Islander without much loss if you still feel that way once the 2012 model you want is actually available. Meanwhile you get to enjoy playing a very nice uke.

No solid top...These are meant to be great playable yet affordable ukes...what is cool is the the top and bottom layer of the ply laminate is the wood so it looks solid when you look in the ukulele
Okay, that's good.

The all-solid mahogany with electronics might be a contender for my cash. I'm guessing they'll be in six months after Winter NAMM at the earliest.

Did Joe say anything about Islander baritones or Islander guitarleles?
:confused:

No this is an all laminate uke...

Correction. The acaicia. Spruce top rosewood and spalled maple are laminates. The mahogany is all solid

They're beautiful!

Top Bottom