"Sail Away" -Greg Hawkes cover

Gillian

Reaction score
Here's my first video of a song that is fun and easy to play. Written by Greg Hawkes, the keyboardist for The Cars rock group and a ukulele lover, it is on the Square Pegs & Round Holes CD, a compilation of songs by well-known ukulele players to benefit the American Asperger's Association.

And, yes, I know I need singing lessons.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2Y_itDpWHE

The songsheet can be downloaded from our uke group's Song Book Page .

Nice Job Gillian..and a great first video..May you and your family Have a Happy New Year..

A simple song nicely done, Gillian. This must be the magic longneck uke that struck you through and through with love when you opened the case. It is really beautiful.

Ditto to what has been said. I really enjoyed your playing and singing. Please share more!!!

Thanks for the encouraging compliments everyone! :) It took a bit of courage to click that upload button.

Santa was good to me this year and I now have a decent microphone and webcam in addition to the Kamaka, which I am absolutely enamoured with. The English idiom: "She's not just a pretty face", applies to this uke. Beautiful to look at and just as beautiful sounding.

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!

Very nice! I enjoyed it. I have another question...... were those painting oyu are working on the background? It looked lime you had a portrait on the easel.???

Very nice! I enjoyed it. I have another question...... were those painting oyu are working on the background? It looked lime you had a portrait on the easel.???

Thanks, rem.

I also paint..watercolour, oils and soft pastel,... landscapes, floral, and portraiture. That is a pastel portrait I'm working on. I do portraits from good quality photographs because no-one has the time for formal sittings any more.

Very nice! I was pleased to see you mention Square Pegs & Round Holes, the CD I produced...and thanks for the link too. :)

Greg and the other artists who contributed songs were very kind to share their talent for our cause. I was planning to start promoting the compilation CD again in 2012 and it was nice to see it mentioned here and that Greg's song is included in your club's songbook.

- Steve

Very nice, Gillian.

And no, you don't need singing lessons - it was beautiful.

Happy New Year - I hope to be back in Los Gatos for at least one week in the spring - I'll try and make it during a SJUC week.

-Kurt​

Very nice! I was pleased to see you mention Square Pegs & Round Holes, the CD I produced...and thanks for the link too. :)

Greg and the other artists who contributed songs were very kind to share their talent for our cause. I was planning to start promoting the compilation CD again in 2012 and it was nice to see it mentioned here and that Greg's song is included in your club's songbook.

- Steve

Hi, Steve,

You are very welcome for the mention and link to your CD. It should be in every uke lover's collection.

Very nice, Gillian.

And no, you don't need singing lessons - it was beautiful.

Happy New Year - I hope to be back in Los Gatos for at least one week in the spring - I'll try and make it during a SJUC week.

-Kurt​

Hey, Kurt,

Thanks for the compliment!

Happy New Year to you too. I'll be looking forward to seeing and playing with you again.

Top Bottom