KPK String selection?

ukesocool

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls ! I'm wondering what I should string my Koa Pili Koko with . I currently have them equipped with ko'olau gold or alohi low G strings . I'm deciding on getting worths but I'm not really sure . Any opinions ?

I got a KPK Soprano for last Christmas, it came with GHS which I liked the sound of, but I chose to put some Worth Brown's on her and she sings! I've been gifted some Martin strings for Christmas and so may play around with those next string change! (I just put some new worths on her) but I haven't really experimented with strings much. I plan to try the Martin's on my custom whenever she arrives, but yes, WB sound good on my KPK!

Hope that helps :D

Ko'olau golds are way too thick for me to be comfortable...I like the Alohi but they are still thick...I went with the martin M600 for sound and comfort....Hope it helps..Happy Strummings...

I love the sound of Worth browns and clears on all my instruments, but I keep experimenting. Doesn't take long to change strings on one ukulele, and I don't tie them all up. Kinda makes the journey an adventure, too.

Thanks yeah it's my first time getting earths so I don't know what to expect. The sound is beautiful with the worth's and they also say that they feel so comfy.

Ko'olau golds are way too thick for me to be comfortable...I like the Alohi but they are still thick...I went with the martin M600 for sound and comfort....Hope it helps..Happy Strummings...

Yeah I agree, they are too thick to my liking i got tired of them fast. I just needed to try the hype on the low G so I'll just string my soprano with them.

They now come fitted with from Jason with Worth clears. Like the clears a lot, but Worth Medium Browns have become my strings of choice after trying a number of brands. Have the browns on my Martin S-O, my Mainland Cedar/rosewood pineapple and just put some low-G browns on my Makai pineapple. Also plan to put the Browns on my Kamaka when it comes time to change the strings.

You may also want to consider getting a set of either Fremont Blacklines or Orcas strings for a whirl sometime in the future. I've got Fremonts on my Kanile'a right now, and they sound really nice. Not that the Worth Browns aren't good (because they are really awesome), but trying some Fremonts or Orcas as the next set may be a good idea.

Top Bottom