Fur Elise on my EleUke

elisdad

Reaction score
I had a go at Beethoven's Fur Elise. I had to slow the fast parts down a LOT, but I have enjoyed learning it. The best part for me in the case of this song, was sitting down with sheet music and figuring out how to play it, instead of just using a tab.

http://youtu.be/E9ttqXC32UA

Very nice video. You have very good left hand technique. Very useful for classical pieces, keeping the thumb in the middle of the back of the neck, nice rounded fingers, and keeping them close to the fret board.

Thanks for sharing.

Ivan

Awesome video.
You played all the notes clear and loud it was brilliant to listen to.

Thanks for the very kind words Ivan. This is my first attempt at doing any kind of classical song. I know that I butchered it a bit, but it has been great fun learning and delving into a different style of music.

Eric

Eric, I just call it as I see it. I noticed your good technique which I recognize from Classical Guitar, and thought I would point it out.

If you like classical music you should definitely keep pursuing, I'm just starting out on the uke, but that is one of my own goals. You should check out John Kings Jumpin Jim book. It's an excellent piece of work.

I hope to play Bach's Cello Prelude by the end of 2012, and although I already play it on guitar I'm truly humbled by the small yet mighty uke.

Aloha!
Ivan

I saw no butchering- this is fantastic mate. Well played, and the tone on the Eluke, fantastic.

What are you talking about (butchered it)? That was really well done!

Really excellent stuff... you got some great technique feedback, in which I am going to watch and take heed too! I learned to play a tab version of this song as one of the first few songs I learned..

Thanks ukeLefty and fitncrafty.

@fitncrafty, it is great to get feedback, both positive and constructive. I have started posting videos as a way to push myself to improve and it is really nice for folks to not only take the time to watch, but also provide insight into how they would play it, obvious flaws in playing style, timing, etc..

i've been learning Fur Elise as well, for my daughter whose name is lisa, you played the piece very well, truth be told you always play well elisdad, i just had a eleuke for christmas and i love it, look forward to your videos in 2012

Thanks Trinimon!

Thank you kaizersoza, you are much too kind. I hope you enjoy the EleUke as much as I do. It is my favorite uke! Even though this is the first video I have recorded with it, I have literally spent hundreds of hours with it over the last year. There are certainly things that could be better about the EleUke, but it just feels right.

Nice job, Eric, good to hear you do something different..... really enjoyed the arrangement.... nice work!

Thanks Bill. I know the arrangement is really simple but I had fun figuring it out. I see things now that i could do differently. I would also like to figure out how to make it sound more full/complex. My kids have a classical music CD and recognize this song so they thought it was neat for me to play on the ukulele.

Top Bottom