oh my freiking god this is the best thing in ukulele history

Does anyone know anything about this book? Has the tab/notation been done by the man himself?

According to the page, it is only on pre-order and the book comes out on April Fools Day.

For $13.49 pre order . . . can't go wrong.

Serious question.... Even with the book, can there be more than a handful of people skilled enough to play like him?

Serious question.... Even with the book, can there be more than a handful of people skilled enough to play like him?

Certainly not me!! But I'll probably buy it anyway, although it's my least favorite Jake album. Hope he brings out some more.

When Jake's Book will be out and more

Friend in the pub business sez

Jake's book will be in print by Feb! Pre Order Link recommended because they might judge to print a few more if it's going to be a big seller: publishers underprint these days due to cost. If I get any additional info, I will post it.

The contents:

Bohemian Rhapsody
Boy Meets Girl
Bring Your Adz
Hallelujah
Pianoforte 2010
Variation on a Dance 2010
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Go For Broke
Trapped
Kelly's Song
Ukulele Bros
Five Dollars Unleaded
Piano Forte
and some bonus tabs which I couldn't get out of them but think the Invention is in there.

It says release it April 1st :iwant:

I will buy it as an aspirational study guide -- and get better (but not that good)!

One great use of this book, is to practice sight reading... so even if you can't play the pieces, it's worth trying to follow the sheet\tab music along with the pieces on the CD.

Also why not try just playing the single line melody... another great way to practice with it.

I ordered it, knowing full well I will never be able to play like that. However, it challenges me to step out of my comfort zone and learn something new. I am mostly a strummer, and when I was able to learn the first part of "weeps" so that it sounded musical and not just technical, I was thrilled. Will I ever get past the first part? Will I ever play any of these in front of people? Doubtful. But I think we should always challenge ourselves.

Top Bottom