Eleuke Peanut 2.0 + Low G

Paul December

Reaction score
I had gotten one of the original Eleuke Peanuts that turned out to be defective and returned it...
...but knew when a New-&-Improved Peanut came out, I'd definitely give it a 2nd chance.
I'm glad I did, because the Peanut 2.0 is perfect. When I had my original Peanut, I was surprised how similar it sounded to my tenor Eleuke. I guess that makes sense, since it is solid body and really doesn't have any acoustic qualities. This gave me the idea for my 2nd Peanut to get it strung with a Low G. When plugged-in, I turn down the tone knob and you'd think it is a tenor. I like this, because I keep it next to my computer and try out songs off chordie.com to later play on my tenors (they all have Low G's). I don't know what brand Low G Mim put on it, but the tension nicely matches the other strings.

Possibly Mim will chime-in.
Does anyone know if Aquila makes low G soprano strings?

I know this is an old thread, but I only came across it again because I have UAS for an Eleuke Peanut. Aquilla makes a low G soprano string (wound). I know because I used to have one on my Ohana SK-35g. I would love to hear a recording of a Peanut with a low G, if anyone has one.

Top Bottom