Eleuke?

hedgehogsontoast

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I'm looking for an upgrade from my current acoustic uke to one which can be amplified!

I don't know a great deal about eleukes so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? (I've got about 150 pounds to spend on one)

Thanks for your help everyone!

I really like my Eleuke, but I tend to use it for quiet practice more than anything else. When unplugged it is very, very quiet, think unplugged electric guitar versus acoustic. I do enjoy playing it plugged in as well. I bought mine from Mim and she set it up very well for me. If you have specific questions about them you might contact her. She has probably sold more than just about anyone.

i agree with elisdad, I had mine from Mim as well she had it to me by christmas eve, i have been playing it most days since christmas day and its well set up and sounds absolutely fantastic, you won't go wrong with this uke m8, great for quiet practice as well

Eleukes have a unique sound that I like. Very "Ukey" for a solid body. With the MP3 jack, you can plug in headphones and play "at volume" if you desire, or unplugged for just repetitive practice on strums, fingerpicking,other techniques.

Are you using Eleuke as a proper noun (the manufacturer name), or as a contraction of "electric ukulele"? If the latter, there are more options available. For example, the Luna Tatoo is a highly regarded acoustic electric in that price range.

Chalk up another "I'm in the UK and got my Eleuke from MIM in the States" story here! :) I love my Eleuke, looks so damn cool, although it does take some getting used to playing with the thin body.

If you really want one, go through MIM. Her service and setup is second to none plus the speedy deivery was a big bonus (it spent more time in UK customs). I heard a rumour of a new English supplier being available soon but that's as much as I know. Go through MIM and you won't regret it!

She's the Queen of Eleuke!

Another "I got mine from Mim in the States and she did a great set up and price" person here.

I love the quietness of the unamplified playing, as well as the fact that they sound great plugged in as it were, Mim does a great set up, did me a great deal on the price and you can't go wrong ordering from her! You're best bet if you have questions is to PM her and she'll answer any question/concern you may have!

Good Luck!

Another UK-er here. I ordered my Tenor K-series a few days ago from Mim and it came to a few pence short of £150 inc. shipping. All her stock is curently listed on ebay but drop her an email if you see something you like and she'll deal direct. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Top Bottom