Learn to play flamenco on the ukulele

start by learning how to count in cycles of 12

the accents go in 3-6-8-10-12

so you count 1-2-THREE-4-5-SIX-7-EIGHT-9-TEN-11-TWELVE

with that form of counting you can play Solea, Alegrias, Bulerias, Seguirillas.
in 4/4 you play tangos, rumbas tarantos

check some of my vids in youtube (paticochile) if you have more questions, just ask

Many thanks patico. I now know more types of flamenco, learning something new already. I visited your Youtube channel and subscribed.
start by learning how to count in cycles of 12

the accents go in 3-6-8-10-12

so you count 1-2-THREE-4-5-SIX-7-EIGHT-9-TEN-11-TWELVE

with that form of counting you can play Solea, Alegrias, Bulerias, Seguirillas.
in 4/4 you play tangos, rumbas tarantos

check some of my vids in youtube (paticochile) if you have more questions, just ask

I've slapped a few up on you tube too. put mnbv990 in the search box of the music section there.

Check out Uke Minutes n° 82 (flamenco finger picking I), 83 (flamenco finger picking II) and 84 (flamenco warm up).

Good luck, still too advanced for me! :)

The flamenco triple strum, and applied to flamenco chords, by none other than JS, himself.

Then, when you really have it down, it'll sound something like this--and please notice at approx 25 seconds into the video, he is doing the exact same two chords he teaches in the above video.:

There, young Jedi, is your lesson for this week. LOL Mahalo.

Last edited:
Love your style. Thanks

The flamenco triple strum, and applied to flamenco chords, by none other than JS, himself.

Then, when you really have it down, it'll sound something like this--and please notice at approx 25 seconds into the video, he is doing the exact same two chords he teaches in the above video.:

There, young Jedi, is your lesson for this week. LOL Mahalo.

Top Bottom