Capo

allUkedup

Reaction score
Any suggestions on what you believe to be the best capo for the uke?

I find that capo's that clamp like this work best:

ClassicalTriggerregCapos-11.png

I don't know whether what I'm doing isn't ideal, but I have zero problems with a Dunlop nylon-string guitar clip capo on any of my ukes.

Last edited:
I've got a dunlop too, works just fine.

The Shubb Ukulele Capo is the best capo for the Uke I've ever used!

It's small, has a very thin profile and looks unobtrusive unlike other capo's. You can also, adjust the pressure so, the sound will be just right.

Last edited:
also on Shubb's website it is making me choose between the fretboard, flat, or radius. I have the Mitchell MU100. I've never heard of flat or radius before, not really sure what it's talking about.

"Flat" and "radius" refer to your ukulele's fretboard. A "flat" fretboard is exactly what you would think it is---flat. A "radius" fretboard is slightly curved. Most ukuleles have flat fretboards; some fancy ukuleles have radius fretboards.

forgive me, but the actual fretboard, right? not the back of it? because the back of it, or what I call the neck of it is rounded on the back, flat on the front where the strings are.

Yes, they're referring to the black fingerboard.

The Shubb capo is Great because you can also, adjust the string pressure just like your finger pressure. Too, much capo pressure on the strings will usually make the sound sharp. That's why Guitar capo's aren't recommended on a Ukulele because the clamping pressure is made for a guitars steel strings.

Last edited:
Yes, they're referring to the black fingerboard.

The Shubb capo is Great because you can also, adjust the string pressure just like your finger pressure. Too, much capo pressure on the strings will usually make the sound sharp. That's why Guitar capo's aren't recommended on a Ukulele because the clamping pressure is made for a guitars steel strings.

Thanks so much for the info guys. I'm going with the shubb. I have to wait until the middle of this month to get the colored ones.

Thanks!

Top Bottom