Great example of a guitarlele by Cordoba and a pono mt acoustic original song

Very cool. I have two of the Yamaha GL1 guitaleles and have been waiting patiently for the Cordoba Guilele to come out. I will have to exercise more patience until they arrive in Europe though:mad:

Thanks MGM for posting. Sounds great!!!

I got a Yam Gl for Xmas. I play Guitar, lap steel, Bari ukes and ukes (C and D tuning). For some reason I am fascinated by the GL. Makes my head hurt while transposing on the fly. Definitely something that needs to be taken on it's own. Nice song!!

I also have the Yamaha GL1 guitalele and like it a lot.

I am curious to know--anyone here who has played both the Yamaha GL1 and the Cordoba guilele?

If so, could you compare them? Is there much difference in sound? (Of course strings make a lot of difference in sound. I guess a fair comparison would be to restring both with the exact same type of strings, etc.)

The specs look similar (and the picture looks very similar!), with better materials on the guilele--solid top, etc. But how are actual sound comparisons?

My GL-1 came in the mail with its action way too high, and I had to bring it to a shop to get it lowered. Are the guileles usually good right out of the box?

Top Bottom