New Tenor Spruce/Koa Ukulele by Black Bear

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
This uke is once again available for purchase as the original buyer wants different features on a tenor uke. This is a new tenor size uke with a 17" playing scale. The top is 4A Sitka spruce. The back and sides are koa with the back being highly figured and book matched. The neck is Spanish cedar with a graphite truss rod for lifelong strength and stability. The fingerboard, bridge and bindings are rosewood. The head plate is figured koa. The nut and compensated bridge saddle are polished bone. The bridge pins are fossilized ivory with abalone dots. The logo inlay and rosette are abalone shell. The fret dots are MOP, white side dots are included. The frets are slightly larger than standard for easier playing. There are 12 frets to the body, 17 total. The geared 4:1 ratio tuners are 5 Star brand with hand-made Koa knobs. The finish is nitrocellulose high gloss lacquer finished to a semi-gloss smooth satin touch. The strings are Aquila brand. The playing action is low and easy with accurate intonation. Even though most spruce top ukes have a brighter sound, this uke has a very full rich mellower sound with clear ringing highs and excellent volume and sustain. Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed. Limited Lifetime Warranty to the original owner. No case, but I will double box for safe and secure shipping. Made in the USA. $35 shipping in the USA lower 48 states. Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me if you need more information. Thanks for looking.

Price: $1500

Attachments

• Tenor 2011-12-12e.jpg
    Tenor 2011-12-12e.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 183
  • Tenor 2011-12-12d.jpg
    Tenor 2011-12-12d.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Tenor 2011-12-12c.jpg
    Tenor 2011-12-12c.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 150
  • Tenor 2011-12-12b.jpg
    Tenor 2011-12-12b.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 159
  • Tenor 2011-12-12a.jpg
    Tenor 2011-12-12a.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 165
I have made one or two slotted head ukes in the past but they took a long time to sell so its not something I would normally do.

OMG beautiful...I just need to wait for my year end bonus now...:wallbash:

I've been gone so long. I missed this.

Good news is a tax preparation company got a hold of me and let me know that I don't have to pay so much as I thought.

Let's talk ukulele.

That is really nice! I already have a Black Bear Koa/Cedar tenor or I'd be in the hunt. If it were a concert, my credit card would be in jeopardy!

Top Bottom