Vintage Kamaka-Keiki - $350!<SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gmoney

Reaction score
I am selling this beautiful Kamaka-Keiki "Gold Label" Soprano.

SOLD (Final price $275 - a deal - was $350)

This one is in great shape & includes a hard-shell case (pictured). Currently strung w/Martin 600 flourocarbon strings in High G tuning. Also included is an Oasis humidifier. It has a single stable crack (photo #2 - between C & E strings above soundhole) which was repaired/stabilized by a local luthier who also adjusted the nut & action for me. Its a great player & the aged mahogany sounds really sweet.

According to the details on the Kamaka website here:

http://www.kamakahawaii.com/funfaqs.html

From 1963 to 1970, to compete against unscrupulous ukulele manufacturers who tried to sell fake "Kamaka" ukuleles in Japan, Kamaka & Sons Enterprises collaborated with Tokyo Stringed Manufacturing Co., Ltd. to produce ukuleles for sale in Japan. Called "Keiki Kamaka," the ukuleles were made of mahogany, and were only available in the standard (soprano) size. "Keiki" means "child" in Hawaiian, a fitting name for the lowest-priced, beginner's model.

This model is in great condidion and the Gold Label denotes that it dates prior to 1969 as this quote from Kamaka's website mentions:

In 1969, the gold label was replaced by a smaller interior label with a white background and the same trademark red and black lettering. However, the same double K headstock decal remained in use.

WP_000341.jpgWP_000344.jpgWP_000343.jpgWP_000342.jpg

The only reason that I am selling this is that I have a new Vintage-S which Bradford has just completed for me. Making room for that one.

Last edited:
That looks lovely! Sounds like a genuine bargain to me!! Good luck with the sale -- it won't be available for long, I reckon!
cheerio
Roberta

Real Nice Shape....I seen a beat up one but no cracks for alot less and had a hard time selling..but in good condition like yours I think the price is justified.... wouldn't mind having that..

Real Nice Shape....I seen a beat up one but no cracks for alot less and had a hard time selling..but in good condition like yours I think the price is justified.... wouldn't mind having that..

Buy it, Stan, so that I don't. :) It's so cute!

Very nice instrument, and at a great price for a vintage Kamaka.

I'm just glad that my Pineapple Sunday finally cured my UAS! ;)

Good luck on the sale.

Come on, folks! You know you want this baby! And just to encourage moving it... PRICE REDUCED to $300 shipped free CONUS!!!

Bump for price drop to $300! - heading to eBay soon - got to move this baby to make room for the next one coming in the door!

Last edited:
I really want it but I wouldn't low ball you....I wouldn't feel right... let me know PM me...
everybody getting a Bradford ukes....I heard good things about them....

Last edited:
Good price, too bad I need to keep my promise and not order any new uke before settling down in another country.

Bump - got a couple of interested parties... will sell to one of those today - unless comes up w/a better offer up to & including the current $300 asking. W/Paypal could have this uke in your hands early next week!

I used to have one of these, but not in the shape of this one. These are well made , very lightly built and they sound awesome. If I needed another soprano, I'd be all over this.

I'd like to thank Gmoney for a pleasant transaction. Can't wait to get it. I'm all excited!!

Strings

On its way... gave it a fresh rub down w/Dr. Ducks AxeWax, loosened the strings, filled the Oasis humidifier for the ride, & threw in a new set of Aquila's & Ko'olau Alohi strings & a Flea arket Music "Uke can change the world" sticker. Double boxed & well cushioned for its ride south. I'll send you the tracking # via PM.

I received the incredible Ululele today. Its quite beautiful. Thanks, Gmoney for doing such a good job packing it and sending it out promptly.

Strings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom