New Grizzly Kit - Like Stew Mac but KOA

UkePA

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the new kit that Grizzly is selling. It looks like a Stew Mac kit, but the body is all Koa. $219 seems a bit high, but if the quality is good, I guess that's not too bad.

I'd like to hear from anyone that has seen this kit.

Thanks,
Erik

It certainly does look like a Stew-Mac type of kit... no pre-assembly. I believe most of these kits (both Grizzly and Stew-Mac) originate from the same supplier. I'd be interested in the Koa Soprano when it becomes available.

They want $20.00 shipping... that's excessive, considering the price of the kit. Perhaps Stew Mac will offer the same kit at a more reasonable shipping rate? Then again, maybe not... :confused:

All shipping is now not what it was. I'm afraid you just have to suck it up these days...

You are right about sucking up the shipping these days, Pete. In this case, they're charging double the fee to ship the 'expensive' kit versus the 'cheap' kit... is what I meant.

Maybe I'm jaded but $219 doesn't sound like too much if the koa is decent. I am being charged $25 for shipping from Gurian for some binding and was further charged a $16 design fee to make a bwb fiber purfling. Now that seems wrong to me.

Wot?! A secret code, known only to the ones that have passed some arcane rite? How intriguing. And ham... Is there mustard?

You are right about sucking up the shipping these days, Pete. In this case, they're charging double the fee to ship the 'expensive' kit versus the 'cheap' kit... is what I meant.

They charge based on the price of the product. If you call their customer service center and order it over the phone then they will reduce the shipping charge. They will also cut the price if it is being shipped to a commercial address versus a residential.

They charge based on the price of the product. If you call their customer service center and order it over the phone then they will reduce the shipping charge. They will also cut the price if it is being shipped to a commercial address versus a residential.

Thanks for that tip. I will certainly call my order in when I decide to build one.

Top Bottom